Rockford, Illinois- Show of Shows Scores

Way to go Regiment. I am so excited to see them in Madison. I have a feeling it will be one of my favorites. Looks like they are the #3 corps right now. Very nice to see Regiment beat the Cadets - it's been along time. I think finals 1996 was the last time they beat them, although they tied once in 2003.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh also, the leadoff soloist biffed THE MOST IMPORTANT LINE OF THE SHOW. I thought that cost them first place.

Yah...I remember that right off the bat. Both corps had their issues tonight, but they still put on a good show.

Just got in from the show...still trying to bring my head down from the clouds from the Regiment encore. Cannon got me choked up which never happens to me.... :lol:

Great job Phantom...and they still have things to add to the show I hear. Perhaps Cadets should weed some of their stuff out!

Crown's guard was on fire tonight...they are a great visual package as a corps!

I would be very satisfied with a BD win this year. This show is the total package and is sooooo well performed at this stage. Will be incredible in Madison.

How amazing would tonight have been if the Bluecoats were in town like they usually are.

Thank you Regiment for a great evening. Tonight was beyond the common definition of drum corps...very memorable.

Enjoyed a bit of nostalgia on the way home from Show of Shows tonight when my car somehow got in among The Cadets' buses and trucks. It reminded me of that night so long ago when I was driving a Regiment bus along a 2-lane highway somewhere in Ohio and the Cadets (Garfield then) made things interesting by passing our caravan. :sshh:

Phantom Regiment's encore performance tonight was simply awesome! :P What a 50th birthday celebration. They entertained us with selections from Spartacus (1981 & '82), Canon in D ('03), New World Symphony ('89) and Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral ('79). Truly breath-taking! :huh::huh::lol:

Is there a Phantom uniform change? Someone mentioned that it might be at this show. Anyone?

They have silver sequinned sashes and a white almost velvet "mini cape" or is it a baldric? I think this is different from when I last saw them in Toledo.

They have silver sequinned sashes and a white almost velvet "mini cape" or is it a baldric? I think this is different from when I last saw them in Toledo.

Was it different from this? If so, in what way? Just really curious about this since they have my favorite uniform.

frey081004_00089.jpg

Edited by Tez

Just so everyone knows, I think the show is actually on Monday, July 10. I will be there. I am so glad I made the move from Arkansas to Cincinnati (Grad School). There are/have been 6 good shows within 100 miles of Cincy. GO PHANTOM!!!

Yes, it is tomorrow night. Expand that out to maybe 200 miles and re-compute. Isn't being a drum corps fan in the midwest nice? Now all we need is some all age action.

Good job Regiment.

Sadly I don't see PR staying ahead when cadets make changes and clean it up visually (cause thats where they really stuck it to them).....

BUT TONIGHT WE KNOW THE RACE IS ON!

PR traditionally does poorly at Show of Shows. And why would the judges give them any favors? PR doesn't hire the judges, DCI does.

BTW, PR won drums, Cadets were second and BD third.

PR also won GE Music.

PR was fourth in guard.

Just my personal opinion, but I think judges *can* be influenced by the crowd response and it be reflected in GE scores or whatever.

That's not meant to poo-poo on Phantom (I'd love to see them win again) and not even to say that the judges were influenced in this particular case - just saying that I think it can and does happen.