How is this scored?

I saw the cadets show last night in rockford. First off, gotta say their drumline is amazing.. and fun to watch.. and the blend in their brass line is phenominal.. Im going to leave other commentary, and opinion about what they are doing out of it, so as not to distract from those two things.. but i was wondering somthing.

Vocals, , wether narration, or singing, or the "talking Dr Beat" thing Bluecoats did last year, .. all of that sort of thing.. How is that scored? What caption does it fall under??

Im gonna guess that an amped pit, and all thatentails , including malfunctions of the amps fall into the percussion scores. A screwed up amp is like a stuck valve on a horn.. failure to maintain our equipment is yer own #### fault, and if it messes up the performance, i would thing your score will fall accordingly...

But singing , and the like.. Not sure how this factors in...

Can somone explain it?

thanks

Actually, I'm wondering what would happen if one of those marching members takes their flying leap off the picnic table, and the kids under him can't catch him, leaving him to belly flop a la Gutter from PCU. :beer:

Would that be a Visual Ind. tick? Would it be an ensemble tick, because so many people dropped the ball? Would they actually get bonus visual GE points, by making the poor guy take one for the team? Inquiring minds need to know!

I saw the cadets show last night in rockford. First off, gotta say their drumline is amazing.. and fun to watch.. and the blend in their brass line is phenominal.. Im going to leave other commentary, and opinion about what they are doing out of it, so as not to distract from those two things.. but i was wondering somthing.

Vocals, , wether narration, or singing, or the "talking Dr Beat" thing Bluecoats did last year, .. all of that sort of thing.. How is that scored? What caption does it fall under??

Im gonna guess that an amped pit, and all thatentails , including malfunctions of the amps fall into the percussion scores. A screwed up amp is like a stuck valve on a horn.. failure to maintain our equipment is yer own #### fault, and if it messes up the performance, i would thing your score will fall accordingly...

But singing , and the like.. Not sure how this factors in...

Can somone explain it?

thanks

haha you wanna tell us all when you figure it out?? i think this is one of those questions in life that can't be answered haha jk

Even though voice is mic'd, I believe musical vocals fall into two categories: Music Ensemble and Music GE... seems to make the most sense.

Even though voice is mic'd, I believe musical vocals fall into two categories: Music Ensemble and Music GE... seems to make the most sense.

Acording to a post by Slow Adam...the individual vocal performance itself is evaluated by the percussion judge...as is true for any other member of the pit. The rest happens as you say.

Acording to a post by Slow Adam...the individual vocal performance itself is evaluated by the percussion judge...as is true for any other member of the pit. The rest happens as you say.

Ahhh but i thought the pit was confined to that area.... hmmm