Carolina Crown's new Plumes!?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Carolina Crown for going back to the centered plumes

I saw the picture. I agree.

I only saw them at one show and my first and honest impression was that the color was too much. What I loved most about the newer uniforms is how crisp and clean Crown looked on the field. The purple, well, it was a bit shocking… there’s a lot of it and they do look oversized. However, I'll hold off on making final judgment until I see them again. BTW, great show… they continue to improve. Congrats Crown!

Its starteling when you see them in person. When they walk on its like..OH CAROLINA!! But I love them, they add a beautiful dimension to the corps and the show.

It almost unbalances the uniform in terms of focus. Maybe if they thickened the stripes on the jacket just a LITTLE bit it would balance better. But I love the way it makes some of their drill "pop". While I liked the old plumes, I think the new ones look very nice and really bring some vibrant color to the uniform, even if it's just a tab overpowering. Overall, I love it! And when I think about it...It sure is better than cream-white against white. I am one of the only people I know personally who loves their uniform. Everyone who went to the show with me agreed that the white/off-white wasn't so hot. But I LOVE the look!

Edited by PhantomFanT10

This is a great thread!

Did anybody notice the more subtle changes in the Crown headgear? The shako brim has changed from gold to a nice, shiny silver. The chains have also made the same gold-to-silver transition (thanks in part to the labor of yours truly). You're talkin' a big heap o' tangled silver chain!

For the truely eagle-eyed, the buttons on the shakos and the jackets now have reflective, eye-catching, prismatic stickers. How these hold up to life on the road has yet to be determined. Heck, their visibility beyond 10 yards has yet to be determined.

Who says excellence is easy?

Bob

I like the old ones better. Made them look cleaner and bigger.

Harvey

just wait until next year :worthy:

are you hinting at a possible preview of a new uniform/color scheme for Carolina Crown?? If you are, then that is awesome...if you are just ruffling feathers then...well..one could only hope...

I would have to say I liked the white ones better...and putting them off-center grew on me. These are too bright for me.