Three things we SHOULD be talking about...

During the section I assume he is talking about the corps is in a block and guard members run into the block and it stretches with them and eventually throws them back out. It doesn't look anything at all like a magnet. Magnets are hard and pull things to them, which then stay there.

Ah, but the magnets could be the same polarity, in which case pushing would occur.

Edited by Maedhros

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I was blown away when I saw that first, and that was just from the stream. Can't wait to see these guys this year in Atlanta. This whole show is just... :ph34r::beer::worthy::worthy:

1. The Cavies "magnetic" drill. If you've seen the show, you know what I'm talking about. The guard is "warping" the box, stretching it and pulling it. Darn cool. Fits the concept, wows the crowd, and will look amazing on the DVDs. More great stuff from MG.

2. The brief duet with the soprano and the contra (er, trumpet and tuba) about 4.5 minutes into the Bluecoats show. Darn cool. I enjoyed it on the APD, but then seeing it in Normal made it cooler. The entire corps quickly "genuflects" to them during this part, making it appear like, well, like there's a spotlight on them (I'm not kidding - I glanced up above the press box afterwards to see if they had snuck in a spotlight). Well done, Bluecoats.

3. The rock-hip/hop beat about 2/3rds of the way through Crowns program. It only lasts 15 seconds, but it takes a very dark Danielpour chart and transitions in and out of the beat perfectly. Darn cool. Very Niagra Falls-esque. I can't listen to it without bobbing my head. Good stuff.

1. I fully agree! I saw this on season pass and loved it!

2. I need to dl an apd.

3. I love that entire show. It may not be the most friendly, melodic show Crown has ever done, but the design is exceptional, IMO.

1. I fully agree! I saw this on season pass and loved it!

2. I need to dl an apd.

3. I love that entire show. It may not be the most friendly, melodic show Crown has ever done, but the design is exceptional, IMO.

Oh man. The Bluecoats APD is the best way anyone could spend $1.99 right now. Just buy it for the opener alone...no wait, the jazz piece alone...no wait, the ballad alone...oh heck just buy this amazing show!

Ah, but the magnets could be the same polarity, in which case pushing would occur.

Here's a question..

On what level of Dante's inferno do nerds who know and debate this kind of stuff reside?

:worthy: (just one is effective enough for me)

Stef

Stef

:ph34r::worthy::beer::beer::bleah::bleah::bleah::bleah:

1. The Cavies "magnetic" drill. If you've seen the show, you know what I'm talking about. The guard is "warping" the box, stretching it and pulling it. Darn cool. Fits the concept, wows the crowd, and will look amazing on the DVDs. More great stuff from MG.

2. The brief duet with the soprano and the contra (er, trumpet and tuba) about 4.5 minutes into the Bluecoats show. Darn cool. I enjoyed it on the APD, but then seeing it in Normal made it cooler. The entire corps quickly "genuflects" to them during this part, making it appear like, well, like there's a spotlight on them (I'm not kidding - I glanced up above the press box afterwards to see if they had snuck in a spotlight). Well done, Bluecoats.

3. The rock-hip/hop beat about 2/3rds of the way through Crowns program. It only lasts 15 seconds, but it takes a very dark Danielpour chart and transitions in and out of the beat perfectly. Darn cool. Very Niagra Falls-esque. I can't listen to it without bobbing my head. Good stuff.

4. Glassmen's section where each voice drops out until all you hear is silence. The marching continues, the hornline keeps fingering, and most visible of all you can still see the battery throwing down. It's absolutely chilling! You want to yell and scream for it, but you know that you can't because to say a word would be to ruin the whole thing. I only wish they would stretch it out longer, and try to limit the sounds coming from the guard.

5. Crossmen's effective use of narration. Even some of the staunchest ant-amper's are gushing over this one. It's fun, it's engaging, it's entertainment and the fact that it took amped voice to achieve does nothing to diminish that. When they can clean up their performance a little, each radio station will really stand out, and the section will become even more effective. One of the best responses of the night at Indy, and hearing the Hoosiers on top probably had something to do with that. :)

6. Colts' ballad. If you can't get into this APD, catch the show live. The As Time Goes By ballad is simply gorgeous. They had my favorite ballad in 2004, and they've done it again this year. Ride makes for a pretty great closer, as well. IMO, this is one of the best shows Colts have ever had, something that should definitely be talked about more.

While that may be the case, I've never seen a magnet bend or display the elasticity that is evident in the Cavaliers drill.

Here's a question..

On what level of Dante's inferno do nerds who know and debate this kind of stuff reside?

Stef

Knowing that if you try to stick magnets together the wrong way they push apart makes you a nerd?

I knew that some people were trying to dumb down the school systems in order to cater to the lowest common denominator, but this is ridiculous!