Three things we SHOULD be talking about...

I knew that some people were trying to dumb down the school systems in order to cater to the lowest common denominator, but this is ridiculous!

:worthy:

*reality alert*

I see your funny bone was injured in your fall off that high horse.

It was a joke, for crying out loud. It's nerdy to debate the difference between "elasticity" and "magnetism" -- and Matt and I are friends anyway.. that's why I responded with his post quoted.

Ridiculous, indeed!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:worthy:

*reality alert*

I see your funny bone was injured in your fall off that high horse.

It was a joke, for crying out loud. It's nerdy to debate the difference between "elasticity" and "magnetism" -- and Matt and I are friends anyway.. that's why I responded with his post quoted.

Ridiculous, indeed!

I recognized that it was a joke, unfortunately it appears you did not recognize that mine was as well.

It's funny that by accusing me to be on a high horse and having no sense of humor that you in fact fell off your own :P

PS - It's nerdy to spend hours upon hours debating the intricacies of what amounts to marching band as well. So who are you calling a nerd :P

Edited by dbc03

While that may be the case, I've never seen a magnet bend or display the elasticity that is evident in the Cavaliers drill.

Comes down to it, the visual employs both the magnetic and the elastic properties. The corps starts out as the equivalet of 130 mini magnets in a block responding to the solo member's negative polarity, then they change to an elastic membrane that rejects the attempt to change their block shape. :P

In any case, I'm glad this move is getting some attention at last, since it's infinitely cooler than most of what I've seen from the other shows out there, and is accomplished with pure imagination rather than with gimmicks.

I recognized that it was a joke, unfortunately it appears you did not recognize that mine was as well.

It's funny that by accusing me to be on a high horse and having no sense of humor that you in fact fell off your own :P

*ow*

Good thing my butt is still pretty well padded.. :) I'm a little riled up about some other issues around these parts lately..

Friends?

1. The Blue Devils set up their first hit magnificently!! They really create the mood before the cross on Stage Left, but they don't blow you up right away. A guard member draws the cross closer to the 50 as the member picks up the flag just before the big love theme. Feel free to scream during the few counts of rest before the entire corps plays. Heart-wrenching!

2. Pacific Crest has a really great show!!!! I love their showmanship with their City of Angels theme. These guys and gals really know how to have fun and get down on the field. They are definitely living up their show and they are communicating well with their audience. Keep up the awesome work, Crest!!!!!

3. It is entirely possible that the Santa Clara Vanguard's visual package can carry them into the top five! No design flaws from what I saw a few weeks ago. Beautiful ripple and follow-the-leader drill. If they can keep cleaning, watch out! You might miss the "Agressive" Vanguard, but this new Vanguard combines a great mix of elegance, sublety, and class in their show. GO VANGUARD!

(Sorry for the West Coast Motif. It's all I've seen live this season!!!)

Edited by Danpod

1. The Blue Devils set up their first hit magnificently!! They really create the mood before the cross on Stage Left, but they don't blow you up right away. A guard member draws the cross closer to the 50 as the member picks up the flag just before the big love theme. Feel free to scream during the few counts of rest before the entire corps plays. Heart-wrenching!

that part is pretty ####in sweet. i believe it was then when i realized i should've visited the bathroom during intermission :P

Phantom's pit.

I'm a guard person, and usually focus on visual. However, when I saw PR in Westminster, I was just blown away by the stuff that their pit was playing. Wow! They were fantastic!

I'm counting the days until Allentown where I will finally see all of the shows. Can't wait!