Drums Along the Rockies

SCV finally gets in the mix!!!  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Where will they place?

• SCV- 1st place
    • SCV - 2nd place
    • SCV - 3rd place

Yeah...judging by the last time BD and SCV met, I'll bet theres a 2 point spread from Cavies to Cadets, 3 point spread from Cadets to SCV, 1.5 from SCV to BK.

There is only 1 pt. seperating SCV and BK (from last show). That's not enough to say who's the clear cut winner. But if either one is hot at DATR that will point them in the right direction.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya - I think SCV could end up in 4th -

There has been a few shows lately where BK came within .35 and .60 to beating them.

And where is this show again....Homefield advantage works in drum corps too.

Time will tell...

I voted SCV in third but would have voted them in fourth if that option were available. I haven't seen BK's show yet but purchased the APD and can't get enough of their music!!!! I only feel that way about the first few minutes of SCV's show (and, of course, the restating of that theme in the closer). I think some of the orchestrations BK is using this year have never been done before in drum corps. Some really unique and hauntingly beautiful sounds.

Go BK!!!

Cavies and Cadets top 2

Blue Knights and Santa Clara battle for 3rd

i don't know if scv can crack the top two, but i definitely don't want them to be lower than third. bk going on last sure is helpful for them in trying to top scv for the first time this year, but if scv performs well enough i think they can hold them off. it should be tight between them. i believe cavies will get the top spot in this show by 1.5 over cadets. we'll see what happens.

After watching the Vanguard rehearsal (man was it a good one). I have come to the conclusion that most likely they will end in 3rd. Amazing work lately. Something's always moving. ;)

After watching the Vanguard rehearsal (man was it a good one). I have come to the conclusion that most likely they will end in 3rd. Amazing work lately. Something's always moving. ;)

any details on the rehearsal you could share? thanks in advance.

I went for the 6:30 to 9:00 block. About 6:30-7:30 they worked solely on the closer in medium sized chunks. After that they cleaned up a "tag ending" (which is cool). Then worked the opener and ballad in chunks. It's starting to look quite clean, and the playing was magnificent for after an entire day's work of practice. I heard earlier people complaining that since the name of the show is "Moto Perpetuo" they should always be moving, well basically there is something always moving throughout the show. A lone trumpet players moves in a square around the field throughout the show. It was cool as all get-out.

Predicted order of finish:

1. Cavaliers

2. Cadets

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. Blue Knights

5. Crossmen

6. Blue Stars

7. Seattle Cascades

I think the battles will be between 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6

I think this prediction is pretty much right on the money.

Cavaliers have a great, great show design, and the Casella/Ancona percussion parts blow my mind. I love listening to the combination of Saucedo and these percussion arrangers! For me, it makes all the difference for the music contribution, and I'm starting to like Cavies like I did in 2000 again.

I think The Cadets will outperform Vanguard with a more difficult (albeit weird) show.

And my guess is that SCV will start getting a handle on a show that has them running around the field like mad men/women.

I don't know about BK. They put me to sleep when I saw them in Seattle.

Edited by Fantomas