Greatest field you ever marched on

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only marched one season, but I'd have to say Crew Stadium in Columbus, Ohio.

I will second that one. It was like marching on a golf course. Beautiful.

i would have to disagree, its a beautiful field, no doubt. but we had so many people slipping and falling. it was a very slick field.

I never marched corps...but was in some kind of marching band for 10 years...and Marshall University Stadium is awesome to play in.

I have actually heard some corps say the same thing.

Also, the old MU staium (Fairfield Stadium) was a great venue.

As for favorite field, I guess I'm partial to the Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium in Massillon, OH. Maybe because its the bluecoat's home show too ;)

i would have to disagree, its a beautiful field, no doubt. but we had so many people slipping and falling. it was a very slick field.

Yeah, but it rained the day before and the day of in '04

My absolute favorite was the Citrus Bowl in Orlando Florida. Perfect length of grass, felt great marching on.

What is your favorite?

i marched there on 2 separate occasions- once for the Citrus Bowl vs Michigan (we creamed them! hehe) and it was during the day and i didnt have any complaints...

but in 03 for finals- it was just so wet that i thought i was going to slip on several big direction changes- i think that fear kept me from really getting into my finals experience as a marcher (when you're holding a contra, you tend to worry about that kind of thing when its wet)... but i still had a good time... i guess it wasnt the FIELD'S fault that it was wet... so i'll go easy...

my fav? call me crazy but i just loved the short turf of MTSU... i didnt care for all the new astro-Grass... i wanted it as short and as non grass like as possible... i know not many people will agree....