Phantom - Faust gets the girl?

It just hit me from watching my TiVo streams from Battle Creek... it appears that Faust rescues his love at the end, instead of the defeat from the Opera.

Are there other stories of Faust (Besides DdAaMmNn Yankees) that end on a happy note? I had expected a tragic ending.

Edited by Pinwiz

It just hit me from watching my TiVo streams from Battle Creek... it appears that Faust rescues his love at the end, instead of the defeat from the Opera.

Are there other stories of Faust (Besides DdAaMmNn Yankees) that end on a happy note? I had expected a tragic ending.

TiVo??? How do you do that? I have cable DVR, not true TiVo, can I record with that?

I noticed the same thing last night in Battle Creek. In every version of the Faust story I know (Goethe's epic, Gounod's opera, Berlioz's tone poem, etc.) Faust is condemned. PR's version certainly makes for a happy, feel-good ending, but leaves me a bit puzzled.

I noticed the same thing last night in Battle Creek. In every version of the Faust story I know (Goethe's epic, Gounod's opera, Berlioz's tone poem, etc.) Faust is condemned. PR's version certainly makes for a happy, feel-good ending, but leaves me a bit puzzled.

They're messing with us. Come Finals night, the corps will perform a uniform change during the closer, change to all-black ala 1995-1999, and the entire corps literally goes to ####.

In the Goethe version of Faust, in part one Margaret dies and goes to heaven, and in part two Faust also dies and goes to heaven, presumably reuniting them in death.

They're messing with us. Come Finals night, the corps will perform a uniform change during the closer, change to all-black ala 1995-1999, and the entire corps literally goes to ####.

This would make their show much more enjoyable for me, and I hope they really do something like this. While changing uniforms is probably not feasible, all season I've been hoping they would pull out an unhappy ending for finals.

Talks with staff and members have told me that the story is "incomplete" at this moment. More changes coming down the pipe.

PS I don't think a black uniform is one of them. White is more bad A anyway.

Edited by Decals

One thing is for sure. It will definitely be interesting to see what comes out of that show on finals night.