San Antonio

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any info on the Performanc line up/times yet?

If it's like this past week's Battle Creek show, the lineup is determined by this past week's average scores which would be...

AFTERNOON

1 Pioneer

2 Seattle Cascades

3 Magic

4 Esperanza

5 Southwind

6 Mandarins*

7 Capital Regiment*

8 Blue Stars

9 Crossmen

10 Colts

11 Spirit

12 Glassmen

13 Madison

14 Blue Knights

NIGHT

5 Crown

6 Boston

7 Santa Clara

8 Cadets

9 Phantom

10 Bluecoats

11 Cavaliers

12 Blue Devils

*If the Mandarins scored a 75.1 or higher last night, they will be after Capital Regiment

If you're staying in the RiverWalk area of town, you can easily walk to the Alamo Dome (about 10 minutes) or take one of the trolleys. I've always left the morning session promptly, gone back to the hotel and rested for a while, then grabbed a quick sandwich on my way back over to the Dome for the evening show. If you want a more substantial meal, the downtown area and its restaurants will likely be fairly crowded on a Saturday evening, so allow for extra time. After the show, downtown will be extremely busy and full of life and, if you enjoy that kind of pace, it's a good time to explore the bars and eating establishments along the RiverWalk. Sunday is a great time to head over to the Alamo and maybe take in a couple of other sights -- I recommed seeing a few of the old Spanish missions located just a few miles outside of town.

I'm glad to see such a good response for my town!

Downtown is definitely a great place to grab some food. It won't just be busy at night. Expect the eatery establishments to be packed during the day. Doh!

The Texas Bandmasters Association will have their annual convention downtown this coming weekend. What does that mean? Not only will you have lots of band kids running around and causing havoc in Downtown San Antonio, you will have a massive amount of directors walking around as well!

The Alamo City will be packed this weekend. At least the majority of us crazy people will be in the safe confines of The Alamodome :)

Looking for five tickets to San Antonio show. Son wasn't going to march this year but changed his mind at the end. You're right about Ticketmaster, only end zone available. I do need my five together though. Thins it's worthwhile going to TX Bandmaster website?

I just sent you a PM about a guy to email for tickets.

I have one complaint about San Antonio and it will negatively impact my trip this year: Earl Abel's is gone!! If you never ate at this venerable icon, you missed a big part of the San Antonio experience. I made it a point to go every year and, happily, it never changed. It was truly like stepping back into the 1950s, right down to the waitresses, many of whom, no doubt, had been working there since then. At least you've still got Taco Cabana.

If it's like this past week's Battle Creek show, the lineup is determined by this past week's average scores which would be...

AFTERNOON

1 Pioneer

2 Seattle Cascades

3 Magic

4 Esperanza

5 Southwind

6 Mandarins*

7 Capital Regiment*

8 Blue Stars

9 Crossmen

10 Colts

11 Spirit

12 Glassmen

13 Madison

14 Blue Knights

I was checking out the daily schedule on Cascades site and they step off at 3:30 that day..so that would make them later, almost towards the end of the daytime comp

From DCI.org...

Top 8 corps as determined by the previous weeks score averages will be seeded in reverse order of average score (highest on last) in the evening event. The rest of the corps participating will compete in the afternoon in reverse order of their average scores with the top 4 scoring corps advancing to the evening events in the first four slots.

There's no way Seattle isnt one of the first 2 or 3 on. Maybe Seattle's website has said that time since the beginning of the season in hopes that they would be performing around that time.

Edited by Lancerman07

San Anton ROX... I'm there every weekend since my girlfriend goes to school there... Things you HAVE to do...

0. TEX-MEX FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Riverwalk! If you don't go, you're missing out on the GREATEST part of town...

2. Tower of Americas... Recently reopened as part of the Landry's restaurant chain... Good food, a bit pricey... (high end dining... 2 people cost around $120) BUT, there is an observation deck with a spectacular view of the city...

3. Sea World or Fiesta Texas... Shamu or Superman? You pick...

4. The ALAMO! Duh.

5. Hill Country and Rivers... This area of Texas is GORGEOUS... If you can go tubing, it's a BLAST... Cool rivers and gorgeous terrain... Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is AWESOME!

Just do a little exploring... It's a great place, great friendly people, and great memories... I'm spoiled that I get to go there so often... Plus I lived there for 2 years...

GO TEXAS! (heh.)

Edited by SCVsopAaron