Has anyone marched corps while pregnant?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never imagined there was even enough unsupervised time to have good sex on the road, let alone any at all. Oh, my innocence. My precious, precious innocence.

There were plenty of places to go and there was time, if you were desperate.

I'd like to add that it would have been impossible for me as I was a well, you know, a "V" until I was 22. :mellow:

I was the friggin captain and found out much later 1/2 the things I didn't know went on, I knew 1/2, but the other 1/2 boggles my mind still......I'm still hearing stories........ <_< I guess they tried to shelter me and also didn't want dead bodies being thrown of the bus!!!

Just wondering since I had never seen any discussion on it. Has anyone marched in/with someone while pregnant. I know the rigors of a season would possibly prevent it, but with the passion of some young performers, I figure someone has done it. Any experience with this?

My daughter marched winterguard while pregnant does that count? She was actually 7.5 months pregnant competing at WGI, performing on the floor. We joke about how my grandson was born to spin. He loves it, and loves his rifle, he's five now.

As someone who just gave birth 32 days ago, I don't understand how someone would could "not know" they're pregnant... :mellow: I have yet to figure that one out. :worthy:

I was going to march Bridgemen this summer until I found out I was pregnant...does that count? :P

Jan and I were rehearsing to perform with Renegades for 2004. She would come home exhausted from camps. We even started booking a room half-way home so we wouldn't have to make that 8½ hour drive from SF to Las Vegas.

After her vacation was over, she got "sick" at 40,000 on her first flight back. One of her co-workers, who had just found out she was pregnant, started teasing her. Jan was thinking "No way!" because her doc had told her a few years before that she wouldn't have kids. But she passed the home test...twice...then got it confirmed.

Doing the math in reverse, we determined she was already preggers when we did Chinese New Year parade that February. Olivia, the Rene-Baby, has done two more parades since, but the first was in-utero!

Garry

My Mom marched the summer after I was born (I was born in May and she headed on tour less than a month later). I later went on to age out of the same corps!

Jeremy

Blue Stars 1994

Sundowners Winterguard 1995 - 1996

Americanos Staff 1996

Tapestry Winterguard Staff 1997

Acton Boxborough HS Guard Director 2003 - Present

One year we had a girl who was visibly, hugely pregnant by the end of the summer - color guard. She was in total denial the first 1/2 of the summer and was drug to the doctor by staff. It was a case where it was better for her to be on tour instead of being home with her family.

Funny story - at Finals, her boyfriend (the father) had his sleeping bag by hers - either they met in middle of the girls side / boys side, or he was on the girls' side, and when he was caught and told to move his sleeping bag one night, he said "but she's already pregnant!"

Early 80's, DCA, we had a snare player who was six months pregnant in our line! She, who will remain unnamed, could really play, the doctor said it wasn't a problem, and she kept on going! We took her to shows in a motor home so the ride would be smoother than the bus. Her husband played soprano in the corps too.

So....we are doing a show and there she is, the baby all out in front on her tiny frame, and the snare is propped way out on that big belly, and the judge finally gets the picture. I think it almost killed him, he about fell over in shock, struggling not to drop his clipboard, and his review tapes kept us laughing all the way home. I guess you don't often see something like that in a drum line.

I never did hear what happened to them all, but I'll bet the kid has musical inclinations now! :)

I never imagined there was even enough unsupervised time to have good sex on the road, let alone any at all. Oh, my innocence. My precious, precious innocence.

Drum corps ain't the clean cut, white bread, innocent activity one thinks it is.

My wife and I both march in Chops, Inc. When we discuss having kids, the conversation usually includes how pregnant she can be and still march.

If nothing else, there's always the pit.