visual is more important than music

Gah, for the last time guys, we listen to the CDs because they're convenient, not because they're "more important". If we could watch DVDs while driving in our car, mowing the lawn, or shopping for groceries, we would. The activity is meant to include both audio and visual, and neither should be given less attention than the other.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always ask myself what would be worse as a drum corps fan, being blind ? or being Deaf.

I would rather hear the emotion in the music than see just the patrterns.

And just as a side note: Im sure many of us listen to the cd's apd's and cassettes (remember them) but how many of us watch the tv with the sound turned off ?? hmmmmmm

~G~

:wink::wink::wink:

Gah, for the last time guys, we listen to the CDs because they're convenient, not because they're "more important". If we could watch DVDs while driving in our car, mowing the lawn, or shopping for groceries, we would. The activity is meant to include both audio and visual, and neither should be given less attention than the other.

:wink::worthy::wink::blink::wink:

Gah part II (LOL) ..when Im in bed and I turn out the lights and I want to drift slowly into slumber, I dont watch 1985 garfield, I listen to them. I listen to 88 Blue Devils, not watch them ( I know, I know, nobody better "go there" ) I listen to 82 Skyryders, not watch them. I lay there listen to the music, close my eyes and just smile.

~H~

Thank you, Matt. We go to shows to see the drill and hear the music. At the same time. That is, and always has been, the best way to really experience drum corps the way it was meant to be experienced IMO. The rest is nice, the CDs, the DVDs, the videos, the streaming internet...but it will never duplicate what it's like to sit in the stands and SEE and HEAR it with your own senses as a total package.

Edited by rut-roh

Okay. I'm a serious drum corps nut. I have just about everything I can afford to get my hands on, and I listen to drum corps as much as any other genre combined....

and even I don't put on drum corps when I'm trying to get to sleep! :wink:

Except for the Marine Silent Drill team, music is what drives ALL the marching arts. Without out it would be just people walking around making pretty pictures have have no meaning to them. So why shouldn't the music be focused?

...hey, if visual is so much more important than music, maybe for encores corps can march their drill silently again instead of playing.

Oh, wait... ^0^

You....sir....ARE PURE EVIL!!!!!!!!! ^0^

Except for the Marine Silent Drill team, music is what drives ALL the marching arts.

Music is what drives what? The MARCHING arts. You need music and you need movement.

Without out it would be just people walking around making pretty pictures have have no meaning to them. So why shouldn't the music be focused?

Who is advocating eliminating all the music?? The music IS focused in drum corps. And so is the visual. That's what makes it part of the MARCHING ARTS.

Edited by rut-roh