Pitt Scores

No. By this time last year the Cadets were scoring on par with the Cavies.

Actually not yet...the Cavies beat the Cadets by about .6ish in San Antonio...

But the next week is when the Cadets really started to move up

Murfreesboro: Cavies won by .075

Indy: Cadets by the same margin

The Cadets then took off and never looked back

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but your comments confirmed by initial remarks. Close doesn't mean they did it.

We had a 3 point swing with the Cavaliers from this point in the season to the end last year.

Crazier things have happened. Just look at Finals week 10 years ago. Phantom made up a 3.7 gap in 2 days :P

I wouldn't count the Cadets out quite yet. I'm not saying they are definitely going to win finals, I'm just saying they aren't out of it yet.

Yeah. After seeing everyone now, I'm guessing they will be in the 7th to 9th place range.

Some good Corps in that mix too. Looks like Spirit has a good shot at Finals. Crossmen, Colts, Blue Stars have their work cut out to make Finals it seems right now.

Right now it looks like the Blue Devils have the trophy wrapped up...I dont even think its a two horse race (as of right now).

However, I do think its a 4 horse race for SECOND place. I dont think the Cavaliers should be too secure. I dont see them finishing lower then 3rd...but I feel like right now...if the top 5 corps are planning well...anyone can get second.

I really was not that impressed by BD in Louisville. In fact, if BD are the clear cut runaway winner, they will be the weakest championsip show in some time. IMHO. But, of course I 've only seen it once and maybe it was a down night. We'll see. How many times have you seen the BD show? I'm just wondering if it is something that I will see after multiple viewings. I actually think that Phantom and Bluecoats could challenge Devils this year, so I wouldn't hand them the crown just yet.

I really was not that impressed by BD in Louisville. In fact, if BD are the clear cut runaway winner, they will be the weakest championsip show in some time. IMHO. But, of course I 've only seen it once and maybe it was a down night. We'll see. How many times have you seen the BD show? I'm just wondering if it is something that I will see after multiple viewings. I actually think that Phantom and Bluecoats could challenge Devils this year, so I wouldn't hand them the crown just yet.

Don't you know anything? The scores 3 and a half weeks before the ones that matter decide who wins every single year :drool:

Actually not yet...the Cavies beat the Cadets by about .6ish in San Antonio...

In my opinion, .6 is "on par"

In 1992 the Cadets were in 6th place on July 24 and came within half a point of winning everything at Finals. They have closed the gap on Cavies 2 nights in a row now. Slow and steady wins the race.

In 2003 on July 19th the Cadets were down by over 3 points to the Cavaliers. They finished the season .15 behind

not this year

On July 18 we were NOT .6 behind the Cavaliers

Because the two corps weren't at the same show.. :P But Cadets WERE .6 down from Cavaliers at San Antonio on the 23rd.

Lots of things can happen in the final weeks. Cadets will continue to improve, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them close the gap significantly by the beginning of Aug. Their weakness is gonna be in the concept end of things; next to the whole-corps integration and physicalization of Cavaliers' thematic choice this year, the Cadets use of the "Alice" characters seems half-considered by comparison. Most of the time, they're tangential to what the rest of the corps is doing (a lot of "go out there and cavort", imho). They're gonna have a hard time keeping up with the GE captions, and that's where the championships are won or lost.