Hero DCI judge

It could have been life threatening, for which all for fortunate that we'll never know. If I remember right, three members of The Cavaliers' guard jumped in the lagoon in EPCOT after a child with some mental challenges fell off a railing and into the lagoon. They were in full uniform. As many know, it's possible for a child (or anyone else) to drown in just inches of water, especially if they panic. Disney presented each of them in finale with a glass sculpture of Jiminy Cricket with an inscription about something that had something to do dreams and/or with helping others. Anyone know what that was?

Disneyworld is kinda dangerous it seems... when i was there, back in high school, i had to rest in the "disney first aid center" cause i had about a 101 temp, and had just marched in the "disney magic music days" parade... blah... anyways, i was laying on one of the beds, and this mother and kid were right beside me, and from what i got from the crying and the screaming, this kid fell off of a rocky ledge and landed on his face!!

crazy....

HOLY COW!!! I'm in the 911 business and I can guarantee you that the mortality rate for people EVEN WITH CPR being started is RIDICULOUSLY low. I take my hat off in honor of Curtis--he's a great judge and a professional in this business, but apparently knows a bit about "first responder" stuff. This is GREAT news!!

As a side note--not to sound preachy or anything, but it would behoove people--that is, EVERYONE--to get CPR certified. As well, portable AED machines are now popping up EVERYWHERE, so you can use these portable defibillators yourself on cardiac arrest patients. Malls, schools, amusement parks, businesses, etc, etc,...if you work somewhere, see if you have one on premises. If you don't, suggest you get one. Having an AED machine nearby is and can make a difference.

Another public service announcement brought to you by the "Voice of Southern California", who "talks 911" for a living.

Also available for drill design, marching instruction, belly dancing lessons, and fly fishing consulting.

Must be 18 to play.

Void where prohibited.

Please, no smoking.

Hear, Hear.....

....from another '911' soldier.

....everyone who plans to get old, or who plans for their parents to get old, should learn CPR

HOLY COW!!! I'm in the 911 business and I can guarantee you that the mortality rate for people EVEN WITH CPR being started is RIDICULOUSLY low. I take my hat off in honor of Curtis--he's a great judge and a professional in this business, but apparently knows a bit about "first responder" stuff. This is GREAT news!!

As a side note--not to sound preachy or anything, but it would behoove people--that is, EVERYONE--to get CPR certified. As well, portable AED machines are now popping up EVERYWHERE, so you can use these portable defibillators yourself on cardiac arrest patients. Malls, schools, amusement parks, businesses, etc, etc,...if you work somewhere, see if you have one on premises. If you don't, suggest you get one. Having an AED machine nearby is and can make a difference.

Another public service announcement brought to you by the "Voice of Southern California", who "talks 911" for a living.

Also available for drill design, marching instruction, belly dancing lessons, and fly fishing consulting.

Must be 18 to play.

Void where prohibited.

Please, no smoking.

ditto

The survival rate is less than 4% for an 'unwitnessed' cardiac event (which this qualifies). And in my 28 years I've only been involved in two similar cases where the person survived to walk out of the hospital.

Bravo to both, and I hope the patient is able to recover.

I wholeheartedly agree that everyone should learn CPR - it should be mandatory at work and as a requirement for graduation from high school, IMO. BUT the biggest part of this is that once someone is trained, they MUST ACT. Far too many times I've seen people watch someone fall into arrest, and not act for fear of lawsuits or diseases.

Far too many times I've seen people watch someone fall into arrest, and not act for fear of lawsuits or diseases.

I know you speak the truth. And something is VERY wrong with our society when one can get sued for trying to help.

I'd much rather face a judge for acting and even failing than to 1. live with myself for doing nothing or 2. being judged when it really counted for not acting.

I agree, this activity is full of good people. Best wishes to the photographer and a big "ATTABOY" to Curtis! :ninja:

I know you speak the truth. And something is VERY wrong with our society when one can get sued for trying to help.

Most states now have what's generically referred to as a "Good Samaritan" law. One can't get sued for trying to save the life of someone else.

It could have been life threatening, for which all for fortunate that we'll never know. If I remember right, three members of The Cavaliers' guard jumped in the lagoon in EPCOT after a child with some mental challenges fell off a railing and into the lagoon. They were in full uniform. As many know, it's possible for a child (or anyone else) to drown in just inches of water, especially if they panic. Disney presented each of them in finale with a glass sculpture of Jiminy Cricket with an inscription about something that had something to do dreams and/or with helping others. Anyone know what that was?

Heck, life itself is life threatening

Remember, life is a sexually transmitted condition w/ 100% chance of mortality!

Most states now have what's generically referred to as a "Good Samaritan" law. One can't get sued for trying to save the life of someone else.

Unfortunately, TN is one of those states without one. <_<

:ninja:

I'd much rather face a judge for acting and even failing than to 1. live with myself for doing nothing or 2. being judged when it really counted for not acting.

I agree, this activity is full of good people. Best wishes to the photographer and a big "ATTABOY" to Curtis! :ninja:

Very well said!

not necessarily true, Mike.

Most say you can't be found liable IF you acted prudently, or within the narrow scope of your knowledge or training.

Good Samaritan doesn't give you immunity from a lawsuit, only a reasonable defense.