Scores: Disturbing Consistency this year

Slotting is a fact of life in DCI. The member corps are DCI. The member corps pay the judges. The judges will certainly not bite the hand that feeds them.

Do the top five corps pay the judges more than the corps in the middle of the pack, then, in order to earn better scores?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. Maybe they do.

I guess PR and the 'Coats must've slipped each judge an extra $50 in order to overcome the Cadets, right? And since Crossmen are apparently gonna be out of Finals again, I guess YEA really isn't keeping up with their "protection" payments.

Well.. I guess it would depend on your reading comprehension skills.

My last comment was relative to the paragraph and a half above it.. so since you obviuosly missed it, I'll re-iterate the FACT I stated so you can have a second chance at picking up on it:

Kindly tell me how what I said and what it related to is my opinion? THE FACT IS that figure skaters are competing against set criteria (i.e., "atheletes competing against the sheets"). THE FACT IS that the design of the program is the vehicle by which they compete. A simple design may be received well and performed well .. but without the additional levels of difficulty and complexity necessary to succeed ON THE SHEETS, that athelete -- regardless of how cleanly they perform their program -- will not win.

Next time you watch a figure skating program, please let me know so we can watch it together and I'll be happy to count up the times a commentator who used to be an athelete in that sport says, "nicely done, but it's not the difficulty s/he needs to pass" so-and-so for the medal... or something to that effect.

Unlike you, apparently, I have the ability to determine what is opinion and what is fact. If it's MY OPINION, I'll claim it. If it's a stand-alone fact, I'll let you know since it manages to escape you, even on explanation.

Id forgotten how everso fun it is to "discuss" things with Stefanie.

I guess PR and the 'Coats must've slipped each judge an extra $50 in order to overcome the Cadets, right? And since Crossmen are apparently gonna be out of Finals again, I guess YEA really isn't keeping up with their "protection" payments.

yea...that's it...where is the incentive to actually upset the apple cart when you're paid by the apple vendor? Whatever...enjoy the exhibitoons, er, 'competitions'...btw, Santa says 'Hi'!

really???

I suppose the yellow paper incident several years back didn't really happen either. I've also heard it from more than one judge or former judge that such practices go on...but keep deluding yourself and keep coughing up the dough to see the DCI 'competitions'...

The "yellow paper incident" was a DCM incident, not a DCI incident. That judge did NOT (and does not) judge DCI.

Without proof, you can't say because it happened there, it happens everywhere.

But you can hold any opinion you want.. and my opinion is that your opinion (on this subject) is wrong.

and you know I :blink: ya..

Id forgotten how everso fun it is to "discuss" things with Stefanie.

Funny, Dan.. you only say things like that when you get proved wrong.

Funny, Dan.. you only say things like that when you get proved wrong.

well you certainly proved something.

The "yellow paper incident" was a DCM incident, not a DCI incident. That judge did NOT (and does not) judge DCI.

Without proof, you can't say because it happened there, it happens everywhere.

But you can hold any opinion you want.. and my opinion is that your opinion (on this subject) is wrong.

and you know I :rock: ya..

duly noted. :blink: