Weather in Lewisburg

I tried to go to the Bucs' rehearsal last night but torrential downpours moved it inside. The weather forecast, after being optimistic most of the week, has turned downright ugly. Right now, where I am, twenty miles from the show site, it is raining steadily, and the predictions are 100 percent for heavy rain through the afternoon and evening. All of Pennsylvania is under a flash flood watch. It doesn't look promising.

Weather forecast for Lewisburg here

I have tickets and a hotel room and I really don't want to drive 2 hours from New Jersey if the's show's gonna be a wash. I just talked to a friend that teaches Statesmen and he said the word is - as long as there's not thunder and lightning, the show's on but that just doesn't seem possible.

If ANYONE has more info, PLEASE POST!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

i've pretty much made the decision to bag the trip. it's a 4+ hour drive for me. to get there and have it cancelled . . . . what a waste of gas that would be at this point in time. :(

oh well ~ to not see another DCA show until the middle/end of August is such a strange concept for me. :( but it looks like that's the way this season is supposed to play out for me i guess.

Sounds like 2003 again! Nasty storms and tornadoes wiped out the show. 3 hour drive and two night stay at hotel for naught.

Aye, the sky she opened up in 2003. We got wet. Fortunately the busses had roofs.

i remember my son looking at me saying he'd never seen trees blow like that except on TV. the kid doesn't scare easily and his eyes were bugging out. that was the first storm that blew through before the show. after the second one, with the tornado, he was looking like he couldn't wait to get back home to New Mildew and he hates New Mildew. :rolleyes:

I'll never forget Lewisburg 2003. That nightmare is burned into my brain forever!

I didn't take the buses with the rest of the Bucs because I had to attend the TOB clinic on Sunday in South Jersey and had to leave right after we were done performing.

Once the monsoon hit, we spent a lot of time in the dorms, where at least we had some hot Bucknell athletes to look at.

When the power went out and the show was cancelled, I had to walk in the dark and the rain to drop off the wonga flag at the truck, then go through the tunnel under 15 to my car, change in my car, and then drive as far as I could towards south Jersey until I could get a room.

Oh, and my mom, step-dad and half-sister were attending the show. My mom was furious that she couldn't get her money back for the tickets. The only thing that calmed her down slightly was me telling her that the corps still had to be paid for expenses even though the show didn't go on.

She will never buy tickets in advance for a drum corps show ever again after Lewisburg 2003.

I hope they're able to pull off the show.

i wasn't overly pleased that i couldn't get my money back too, but understood why completely. the tickets plus gas prices figured in greatly when i made the decision to not go today. that's my week's commute of gas in one shot to get there and find the show could be cancelled due to weather. :(

remember when we didn't have to really calculate gas prices into the debate on whether or not to go to a show?

i remember my son looking at me saying he'd never seen trees blow like that except on TV. the kid doesn't scare easily and his eyes were bugging out. that was the first storm that blew through before the show. after the second one, with the tornado, he was looking like he couldn't wait to get back home to New Mildew and he hates New Mildew. :rolleyes:

I was marching with the Caballeros Alumni that year. We rehearsed at Milton State Park and I remember it was hot and humid.

I remember getting to the University and the first storm hit which delayed the start of the show. Our corps was over by the monkey cages and we sat and watched the monkeys while waiting for the show to resume. Once we received word the show was resuming, we dressed and walked through the tunnel over to the Stadium. I remember seeing the sky turn an ugly green and seeing lightening dancing all over the sky. I was walking with my wife and my daughters and told them I had a bad feeling about this storm. Soon enough a Bucknell security guard approached and advised us to head back to our cars because of the approach of nasty storms. I did not blink an eye and we turned back. By then the winds started kicking up and things were flyiing all over the place. We got into our car and sat and watched tree limbs crash down, terrible lightening and hailstones the size of golf balls. My daughters, both teenagers, were crying and begged to leave but I had no option but to stay and wait because the rain and hail was blinding. Once the storm ended, the entire surrounding area was eerily dark. Once the show was officially canceled, I drove gingerly out of the campus avoiding downed tree limbs, trees and wires. The traffic lights were out on Highway 15 and the traffic was being directed by local police. Once on 15 and heading North past about 6 lights, it was like it never rained. We got to our hotel and they said it rained a little but they experienced none of what we did.

The Caballeros Alumni were invited back to Lewisburg in 2004 but my family had booked a week in Wildwood, which my daughters had no regrets. To this day they have no desire to attend another show at Lewisburg, particularly when they heard the 2004 show experienced the May fly invasion!