Lewisburg Scores

well that's the first time i've ever heard a comparison of us to the Cavaliers, amidst the other DCI comparisons I've heard. :blink:

At least it wasn't a comparison to the Cadets. b**bs Based on the stuff I've read thus far, that could've caused some problems.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where do they get these judges from? (or who paid the highest for these scores?)

empire and cabs horn lines clearly out-played the bucs...the brass spread should be huge...ask anyone who attended the show. there was an audible cracked note every 2 seconds during the buc's show and the buc's horn line was the weakest sounding line out of the top 4 corps there...come on guys.

the overall effect of the statestmen, whackers, and cabs' shows were more pleasing to the audience than the buc's wanna-be cavaliers show. that was evident in the golf clap everyone gave for the bucs. honestly, i immediately went home and popped in my orchestral recording of scheherezade so that i could remember what it was supposed to sound like. please save good classical music for orchestras or good open class dci corps that can pull it off.

i'm glad that i don't march...i'm not sure i could put up with the politics of bad judges. they clearly were biased in the bucs favor. but hey, i'm only an aspiring professional musician...what do i know about sound. did these judges hear something i didn't? doubt it. i almost wish i could get a refund for that bs...but the statesmen and cabs made those $19 worth it. thank you to those 2 corps for not selling out and playing whimpy esoteric music, your performances inspired me to try to make it to another show this year. good job and good luck with the politics game.

odd. i dont remember many cracks. to have 4 lines within a tenth of each other shows the quality in DCA these days. i thought all 4 did a great job!

At least it wasn't a comparison to the Cadets. b**bs Based on the stuff I've read thus far, that could've caused some problems.

Boof doesnt need a mic :P

(just kidding Rich)

So does this count towards other types of music played by drum corps?; jazz, rock, spiritual, r&b etc?

I heard quite a bit more than a golf clap where I was sitting on the 50 yard line, for all corps, including the Buccaneers. I am pleased that we got a reaction out of you at all, regardless of whether it is negative or otherwise. That is half the battle.

Thanks again for watching our show, being affected by it and taking time from your busy scholarly life to write a review. You should check with Drum Corps World to see if they have any openings.

it's nice to see a reply from one of the people responsible for that horn line's product. i may have been a little harsh in commenting about your horn line's performance. wouldn't you be mad if you spent money hoping that you were going to get a quality product, and you get the thing home and find out that half of it was missing or broken? that's my "reaction" to your product. since you were in a close location to me on the 50, you should've heard the same things i heard in your corps...weakness. ie. people laying out, footsteps heard in sustained notes, an enormous amount of split notes across the entire line, constant intonation problems. seriously ask yourself if you would pay to hear that? yeah, everyone's human and nobody has ever played perfectly, but when there's so many loud mistakes, it ruins the good things that are happening. there probably was some good stuff happening in your horn line, but the music just sounded too conceptually hard for the level of players you have in your line. to answer your questions, a corps shouldn't play any style of music they can't do well...maybe that's classical for your corps. here's an analogy for you, let's ask phantom regiment to play some count basie and we'll see what happens.

Edited by leadsopsrule

well that's the first time i've ever heard a comparison of us to the Cavaliers, amidst the other DCI comparisons I've heard. :rock:

the only comparison is that you play similar music

wow cavies played those tunes? and Bucs played that many whole notes?

wow cavies played those tunes? and Bucs played that many whole notes?

cavies played scheherezade in 02 or 03 i think. also, i said sustained notes. that does not necessarily mean whole notes.

cavies played scheherezade in 02 or 03 i think. also, i said sustained notes. that does not necessarily mean whole notes.

Wanna try a second guess? SCV played Scheherezade

lol, Im sure that will sound a little better to his ears now, that he relizes SCV 04

yeah, i mean in the top row i missed all those mid voice runs, the low brass run etc.

dude, i'm a ####### drummer and i caught the stuff