BK and Glassmen underrated

I personally think that the Blue Knights and the Glassmen are underrated corps. I'm not just talking about scores either. I'm talking about in general. Both of these corps have amazing programs and I feel a lot of times they just get over looked. It wasn't in the distant past that these two corps were in the top tier spots. NOW....most people think of them as ONLY the bottom spot corps. How quickly we forget! I think both corps go for the sophisticated approach....which sometimes comes across as "boring" to SOME viewers. I’ve even heard them called “hot dog corps”. However, if you actually sit and watch these corps you would be surprised how "un-boring" their performances are. Sure these corps have attitude...but they aren't arrogant like some corps. Sure they are innovative....but not over the top like some corps. Sure they can play FFF....but it's not all the time in your face like some other corps. I guess what I'm saying is both of these corps are outstanding and I think they need some recognition for their achievement every once in awhile. I think we DCP'ers tend to just focus on a FEW corps. So I just wanted to give my props to these corps.....give them their moment in the DCP spotlight.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't get to see BK until semis in the theater, but Glassmen were fairly impressive. Unfortunately they went after PR and BD, but they were still quite enjoyable. Props to them, indeed! :)

I have really liked Blue Knights the past few years. I also think the Glassmen have performed well, though I haven't enjoyed the show designs. Both have a lot of talent.

I personally think that the Blue Knights and the Glassmen are underrated corps. I'm not just talking about scores either. I'm talking about in general. Both of these corps have amazing programs and I feel a lot of times they just get over looked. It wasn't in the distant past that these two corps were in the top tier spots. NOW....most people think of them as ONLY the bottom spot corps. How quickly we forget! I think both corps go for the sophisticated approach....which sometimes comes across as "boring" to SOME viewers. I’ve even heard them called “hot dog corps”. However, if you actually sit and watch these corps you would be surprised how "un-boring" their performances are. Sure these corps have attitude...but they aren't arrogant like some corps. Sure they are innovative....but not over the top like some corps. Sure they can play FFF....but it's not all the time in your face like some other corps. I guess what I'm saying is both of these corps are outstanding and I think they need some recognition for their achievement every once in awhile. I think we DCP'ers tend to just focus on a FEW corps. So I just wanted to give my props to these corps.....give them their moment in the DCP spotlight.

As an alumni of BK i would like to thank you for your kind words. It has been a hard path back to success for the Blue Knights and it is great to hear support for my home team. It wasnt too long ago that we were out of finals for a few years. Love the show this year-everyone should see the show. Best of luck to all the corps out there!

Edited by Anonymous

I love glassmen now, but I really miss the sophisticated "boring" 5th place shows they were popping out a few years ago. :(

I must agree. I love Glassmen's show, and I think this year's BK show is perhaps my favorite show from them musically. I find both corps very entertaining. My wife loves Glassmen this year too.

I refuse to root for BK until they return to the dots.

Just kidding, but I do miss the dots.

I refuse to root for BK until they return to the dots.

Just kidding, but I do miss the dots.

I do, like you, long for the day we see dots on a grey and blue uniform.

I haven't seen BK this year, so I won't comment on them (will see them at Finals in Madison though!), but I saw the Glassmen's show in Indy. I was extremely impressed, and it is one of my favorite shows. The opening notes of Beethoven's 5th was the first sound that actually got people to their feet in Indy, and the awe inspiring silent drill was just that. So yes, props to them!