So I'm confused...why is BD's show considered repetitive?

Don't even try to tell me that's a valid excuse. How many times in drum corps does a corps play music TOTALLY unreleated to their visual theme, only to mold it to fit their needs.

Heck, Blue Devils last ganster show, in '96, used:

*Children's Hour of Dreams, a Mingus jazz chart

* Desi, a symphonic/wind ensemble band piece

* music from #### Tracy

* music from Mission: Impossible

Not exactly music culled form a variety of gangster music, but BD's staff made it work for their show.

If the staff was limited in music they could use, there is PLENTY of other music out there that I'm sure would fit beautifully into their production this year.

and there's a quote from the end of Medea's Dance of Vengeance that is at the very end of the bd 96' show before the big blowaway before the siren and ending blowaway... props to whoever can find it also.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard the whole show yet, but is the part people seem to be getting sick of hearing the trumpet lick that's at the beginning? Because, if my memory serves right, that lick is used over and over in the movie(s) as well, so I only see it fit to use it over and over in a show paying omage (sp?) to the classic(s). But hey, that's just me.

How many times do we have to hear the theme to the GF? It's used over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over..... I keep hoping for another offer that I can take them up on to end the abuse

It's better than hearing the same Cavies show ('01, '02, '03, '05) over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

thats funny. tell me minute and second wise when the godfather theme was used.. i think you are blowing the #s out of proportion

In the show or in the movie?