Lookin for a corps in 2007

You must go out west, help build what will be the most exciting group of corps ever to hit this universe. O.K. drama level back down. If you can make it out here the Renegades well we don't have a type of music we play but I'm pretty sure 07 will be an all Lionel Ritchey show. Oh what a feeling when you're dancing on the ceiling. Trav

goto http://www.renegades.org and swear your allegiance there.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must go out west, help build what will be the most exciting group of corps ever to hit this universe. O.K. drama level back down.

Are you kidding me Trav??????? :blink: If that corps didn't HAVE drama, it would not exist.

Renegades Drama and Bugle Corps.

Hello~ looking on 07 Go out to DCA and check all the corps you are interested in. Watch how they practice, and how the staff and members speak to each other. That will give you a clue if you want to be apart of their orginization. They may look or sound good on the field, but if the internal workings don't match your work ethic...you won't have a good year. Look for a group that is having fun and working hard....I am sure you will find one you like. You have a ton to pick from on the East Coast ~ you are lucky to live so close to soo many.

Best of luck in your search

Best of luck in your search.

Kim

Edited by kimelabari

Are you kidding me Trav??????? :wub: If that corps didn't HAVE drama, it would not exist.

Hello~ looking on 07 Go out to DCA and check all the corps you are interested in. Watch how they practice, and how the staff and members speak to each other. That will give you a clue if you want to be apart of their orginization. They may look or sound good on the field, but if the internal workings don't match your work ethic...you won't have a good year. Look for a group that is having fun and working hard....I am sure you will find one you like. You have a ton to pick from on the East Coast ~ you are lucky to live so close to soo many.

Kim

That did'nt come across bitter at all!!!!! J/K. It's always nice to hear from you and see you. Travler

:P Not meant to be bitter Trav ~ although I thought it was pretty funny. :) You would have to know the craziness in that corps to understand that comment and how they raise to the challenge during 'said drama' or craziness. I hope that makes more sense now. (BTW - YOU do know that )

As far as the second half of my post - that was not directed at a corps but a general observation of teaching styles from different corps. ie....SCV and BD are different. The guy looking to join a corps for next year is coming from Jr corps...and style is a way of life for them. It is best if you can find the style that works best for you. Whether it be playing, marching or teaching style.

Why do something all summer and not be happy?????? find the corps that fits your style and go enjoy your summer. That was all I was saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

You senior corps people are getting way too sensitive in your old age. :P

BTW - the Div II /III show tonight was great although there was only one Sr. corps that showed up. Where was Dream? ^0^

Edited by kimelabari

Are you kidding me Trav??????? :whistle: If that corps didn't HAVE drama, it would not exist.

Kim

Oh stop hatin... geez

:P

OK you DCA'rs. I'm a DCI ageout and still in need of a fix for drum corps. Can anyone out there persuade me which corps I should go out for in '07? I'm temporarily looking at the Buccaneers since they are in the same state as me, but I'll go anywhere that puts out a quality show.

Any thoughts? :)

Yes, You can stay at home, march with us ,and help us grow or drive 5+ hours to the closest corps from here. If you believe in the activity and keeping a corps in town is important then come out saturday.

Later,

Thanks for all the info guys, I'm gonna make some stops in the coming weeks :)

Please lock the post!