Baton Rouge Ranch

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

House wins! pay up! :P

Looks like a rain out. Did the Crossmen, Seatle, Magic and Teal all perform? I'll assume they got scores, so why not announce them!

Looks like a rain out. Did the Crossmen, Seatle, Magic and Teal all perform? I'll assume they got scores, so why not announce them!

At least the Crossmen did, but maybe it was good that there's no scores. My son said the condition of the field was bad making marching difficult. Anybody know if it was raining there earlier today?

At least the Crossmen did, but maybe it was good that there's no scores. My son said the condition of the field was bad making marching difficult. Anybody know if it was raining there earlier today?

Ha, we'd be jumping up and down for the scores anyway and it turns out like this:

Crossmen: 32.5

Magic: 25.6

Cascades: 24.2

:(

That sucks now only 5 shows left for Madison

I don't think there was raining there earlier, but there might have. I don't know, I live about an hour east of Baton Rouge. It may just be the field. It is only a temporary location for this show since LSU's Tiger Stadium has been having renovations. I think it will move back next year since renovations should be done soon.

By the way, I got to see Crossmen's show this year (since they performed before the five minute light rain the apparently made the field not ideal), and I loved it. It was very entertaining and the crowd loved it as well. Everyone laughed at the radio sequence with "my humps."

Question, does a few minutes of light rain really affect the field that much? Everyone was surprised when they decided to do a stand still since we didn't think it rained enough to really affect the field. I was really disappointed about not seeing BD (who sounded phenomenal during their stand still performance!). But I guess that there really must have been good reason to call a rain out since I doubt they all wanted to cancel the shows.

Edited by dcila87

Depends on the field itself - some have excellent drainage systems, some don't. While it might not affect marching, the marching itself might damage the field.

Water accumulation in spots could also be troublesome...puddling might occur and create spot problems.

Any chance that injuries might occur is a call for a rain out.

Edited by Cascade Mama