Cap Reg scores 79.55 - beats Blue Stars by a point - only .25 away fro

WOW!

Capital Regiment scores 79.55 in St Peters MO, beating the Blue Stars by over a point (Blue Stars scored 78.30)

Cap Reg is only .25 away from the Colts!

A friend of mine was at the show and said the crowd loved their show!

I said it before and I will say it again: This is Capital Regiment's break-out year and they will continue to turn heads and surpise people through Madison.

WAY TO GO CR!! :whistle:

Cap Reg is only .25 away from the Colts!

Incorrect, since they weren't at the same show together. B)

But yeah, moving ahead of Blue Stars is exciting stuff. I'm definitelyl cheering for Cap Reg, I really enjoy their show this year. (though the stretch-yawn thing in their ballad gets old after a while...)

Edited by Maedhros

Incorrect, since they weren't at the same show together. B)

Sorry, I'm somewhat new to Drum Corps - so you can only compare scores if it was at the same show? It makes sense, just didnt think about it.

Regardless, CR continues to increase their score and I think they will hit 80 very soon.

GO CR!

Sorry, I'm somewhat new to Drum Corps - so you can only compare scores if it was at the same show? It makes sense, just didnt think about it.

No problem! Here it is in a nutshell:

Raw numbers vary from night to night, and are affected by any number of things. The judging panel will change from show to show, the quality and number of corps will change from show to show, etc. While judging is meant to be as objective as possible, small subjective factors are unavoidable. However, at one show, these factors are largely accounted for, because every corps is competing under the same conditions, conditions unique to that night. This is the only time you can truly compare scores, when they were achieved in head to head competition. Does that help?

No problem! Here it is in a nutshell:

Raw numbers vary from night to night, and are affected by any number of things. The judging panel will change from show to show, the quality and number of corps will change from show to show, etc. While judging is meant to be as objective as possible, small subjective factors are unavoidable. However, at one show, these factors are largely accounted for, because every corps is competing under the same conditions, conditions unique to that night. This is the only time you can truly compare scores, when they were achieved in head to head competition. Does that help?

What he says is true, however you can also use the spreads between corps to make some logical assumptions. Like the last time Blue stars saw colts and crossmen they lost to them by 2.6 and .975 respectively. So since Capital Regiment just beat Blue Stars by 1.25 you can safely assume that the crossmen better watch out because Capital Regiment just might be sneaking up on them based on their spreads in relation to Blue Stars. You still can't assume they've passed the Crossmen until they do it head to head more than once but it has just put them in the picture with crossmen and even colts to an extent.

What he says is true, however you can also use the spreads between corps to make some logical assumptions. Like the last time Blue stars saw colts and crossmen they lost to them by 2.6 and .975 respectively. So since Capital Regiment just beat Blue Stars by 1.25 you can safely assume that the crossmen better watch out because Capital Regiment just might be sneaking up on them based on their spreads in relation to Blue Stars. You still can't assume they've passed the Crossmen until they do it head to head more than once but it has just put them in the picture with crossmen and even colts to an extent.

You also need to factor in that Blue Stars were actually only .575 behind Crossmen, due to a penalty, which further supports that Crossmen should be onthe look out for Capital Regiment.

You also need to temper this score with trends. Capital Regiment has been trailing Blue Stars all summer, then on one evening, their score pops 2 points in one day and they flew past Blue Stars. Could be an anomoly, could be Blue Stars had a bad show, could be a judge missing from the panel which ended up hurting Blue Stars and favoring Capital regiment, and it very well could be Capital Reminet is on a tear. Who knows for certain. No doubt both corps are very good. Makes for some more excitement for Saturday afternoon when everyone competes head to head again in Atlanta!

Does anybody find it odd that the Re-caps from last night's show still aren't up? Is it just my computer or has DCI forgot to post them. I really would like to see how Cap Reg and the other corps fared against each other.

Edited by stickman882002

Does anybody find it odd that the Re-caps from last night's show still aren't up? Is it just my computer or has DCI forgot to post them. I really would like to see how Cap Reg and the other corps fared against each other.

I was able to access the recaps off Sound Machine. Click here:

Recap

Okay it's up. wow, according to that recap, Cap Reg just moved up a little across the board (Even dropped down a little in drums) They were just consitantly a bit ahead of Blue Stars and even behind in one or two categories where there has been the most seperation. Here's to finally living up to your potential! This makes Atlanta very interesting for sure!

Edited by frontline99