a feel good story amidst the negativity...

So I got word yesterday that due to a laundromat closing early and the percussion section of the Magic losing valuable laundry time that the director decided to make it up to the kids/staff by taking the entire drum corps to Chili's for dinner. ^OO^

I just thought that was a pretty nice thing to do considering something like a laundromat closing early is really beyond their control, but the corps director was willing to do something nice like this for his entire corps, and especially amidst some of the things that have happened elsewhere this season - it's certainly really cool to hear stories like this in DCI. :)

thingslike this are always a morale booster. good call by the director

So I got word yesterday that due to a laundromat closing early and the percussion section of the Magic losing valuable laundry time that the director decided to make it up to the kids/staff by taking the entire drum corps to Chili's for dinner. ^OO^

I just thought that was a pretty nice thing to do considering something like a laundromat closing early is really beyond their control, but the corps director was willing to do something nice like this for his entire corps, and especially amidst some of the things that have happened elsewhere this season - it's certainly really cool to hear stories like this in DCI. :)

I totally agree. A good director takes care of his troops. To quote British General Sir Miles Dempsey : " As officers I tell you this - you are not to eat, sleep, drink, lie down or sit down until your troops have had a chance to do these things. If you adhere to that they will follow you to the ends of the Earth - if you do not, I will break you in front of your regiments".

That is nice...great job to that director. Scott Stewart was that kind of director... the well-being of his guys came before anything else.

I'm all warm and fuzzy now... :)

And BTW... don't let the "negativity" get you down. There never will be a forum about ANY topic, whether it be drum corps, sports, collecting baseball cards, cars, even kitties and bunnies... that will have everyone agreeing with everyone, and a few who don't come across with a "negative" sounding attitude or point-of-view.

That's just the way it is, and it's just the way some people are... and you can't change the world. Some people just love to be the controversial, negative, opposing view, devil's advocate, argumentative type that stir the pot. And, believe it or not, SOME people out there may just plain and simple really DO have an opposing point-of-view from the majority!

It's ALL good...

I'm all warm and fuzzy now... :)

Brush your teeth and shave, that feeling will pass.

:rock:

sounds awesome, definitely a great move by the director :)

It's ALL good...

No it isn't!

well it's no secret some of the things that have happened throughout the circuit, the heat exhaustion episode in KS, various injuries in different drum corps, Cavies eq truck accident just earlier this week - things like that that we usually hear within a few days of it happening.

i thought something like this would be a nice change. :)