DCI in the year 2090

Disagree with this. I think of a quasi-utopian 2090 where fuel is NOT a problem any longer. I think we are about 30 or 40 years away from shifting this paradigm. I am thinking hydrogen fuel or maybe even...atomic transfer! (Not so sure about that last one) :)

Let's hope so. I just think the oil-based economy/power structure so much of the world is based on is gonna be hard to oust. :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rag-tag bands of post-apocalyptic survivors who fight for dominance on the harsh, wind-swept plains of the former North American Union by presenting elaborate Broadway-style "trumkor" shows using piston-rotor horns and mylar drum heads.

This is probably what they thought 50 years ago. That we'd have all this hi-tech hoopla. Remember that in the 70s, people predicted there would be flying cars by our time. Well, I haven't seen one yet.

Personlly, I don't think drum and bugle corps will change that much. It's cool the way it is. :)

Not sure if you noticed, but we DO have a lot of hi-tech hoopla.

Right now we have several people hundreds of miles apart talking through what amounts to a hi-tech tv screen

Not sure if you noticed, but we DO have a lot of hi-tech hoopla.

Right now we have several people hundreds of miles apart talking through what amounts to a hi-tech tv screen

I'm talking about strictly on the field alone. The only electronic devices allowed are amps and the judge's recorders.

'

Sure, there will be great new ways to view DCI from thousands of miles away, but personally I don't want much to change on the field. We shouldn't need technology to make us better corps.

Rag-tag bands of post-apocalyptic survivors who fight for dominance on the harsh, wind-swept plains of the former North American Union by presenting elaborate Broadway-style "trumkor" shows using piston-rotor horns and mylar drum heads.

film_a_boy_and_his_dog.jpg

..."A Boy and His Trumkor". :P

(heh, looks like I found an image host that doesnt like hot linking. Good thing I hit preview. :) )

Also, this movie features none other than Don Johnson of "Miami Vice" fame.

Edited by bawker

I'm talking about strictly on the field alone. The only electronic devices allowed are amps and the judge's recorders.

'

Sure, there will be great new ways to view DCI from thousands of miles away, but personally I don't want much to change on the field. We shouldn't need technology to make us better corps.

People thought there were going to be flying cars on the field? :rock:

People thought there were going to be flying cars on the field? :rock:

No, that I was referring to outside of DCI. :P

Let's hope so. I just think the oil-based economy/power structure so much of the world is based on is gonna be hard to oust. :)

Not to get on a political soapbox here, but I would think it is in the power monger's best interest to tap into the new fuel markets. My Marketing 101 tells me that early market entrants with deep pockets tend to reap the lion's share of business. Plus, as another poster said, without oil, they have to figure something out.

Ok, back to the flying jetpack drums...