DCI in the year 2090

..."A Boy and His Trumkor". :P

(heh, looks like I found an image host that doesnt like hot linking. Good thing I hit preview. :) )

Also, this movie features none other than Don Johnson of "Miami Vice" fame.

Yeah -- I caught your post pre-edit and was thinking, "Gee, post-apocalyptic 2090 doesn't look bad at all ...." b**bs

Edited by Liam

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, this movie features none other than Don Johnson of "Miami Vice" fame.

You're using the word "features" awfully loosely there....

Yeah -- I caught your post pre-edit and was thinking, "Gee, post-apocalyptic 2090 doesn't look bad at all ...." b**bs

Yeah, I'm just glad it wasn't the "tubgirl" or "goatse" pic. Some people are kind of angry about bandwidth, and post some redirects to some especially nasty stuff.

Those are real bad news...as it stands though, I guess this should be a lesson to remember to host your pics on your own service.

Anyhoo, sorry for the diversion here.

What will drum corps be like in the year 2090?

hailants.jpg

Assuming we haven't blown ourselves up or ###### off korea or some other country so badly that they blow us up and we don't over exert the earth's energy and have a global warming catastrophe and martians or some other life form doesn't destroy us and Bin Laden doesn't kill us all with anthrax...

Then I think DCI will be pretty darn cool in 2090 (assuming it's still around).

What will drum corps be like in the year 2090?

imagine....

holographic CG flags with a constant change in color according to the music...

high altitude drill, creating a vertical textures rather than horizontal like today...

DCI 2090:In that BDs of Fury becauseof 2001,2002,2004 and 2005 :rock:

Way to go in 2003 BDs!

replyspiritTerrance

:D

DCI 2090:In that BDs of Fury becauseof 2001,2002,2004 and 2005 :rock:

Way to go in 2003 BDs!

replyspiritTerrance

In the year 2090, Terrance I. McGee will take over the world!!! :D

DCI in 2090 will be just a minor, long-forgotten footnote in M&M history, just as the All-American Drum & Bugle Corps and Band Association and the American Legion Uniformed Groups Congress are today.

A better topic would be the status of marching units in 2090 or, preferably, 2016.

News Item - Date June 15, 2090 - This year's androids that were built by the members of the Cavaliers staff will perform a throwback show celebrating the Cavaliers 7th world championship called Machine from 2006. It is an interesting and ironic sidenote that the Cavaliers were able able to win that show while using real human performers performing as robots rather than the more durable robotic performers of today replacing humans. When contacted to comment about the 2006 corp, Jeff Fiedler said that the shows back then required months of rehearsal to get the show to a championship level. Now you really do just flip a switch and do the show. When asked to compare the corps members of today with those of 2006, he said, "Well the robots eat less, but you can't get them to pay for participating."

News Item - Date June 15, 2090 - This year's androids that were built by the members of the Cavaliers staff

So you think they'll still be using androids 84 years from now?