DCI in the year 2090

What will drum corps be like in the year 2090?

imagine....

holographic CG flags with a constant change in color according to the music...

high altitude drill, creating a vertical textures rather than horizontal like today...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3D drum corps with Jet Packs!

Also, drum majors will have genetically engineered 3rd arm for more cues, etc.

Drum lines will be using sticks that produce the sounds, so no more harnesses, drums, etc.

Brass instruments will have automatic tuning analyzed by microchips in the bell.

Color Guard members, like drum majors, will have 4 arms for even better tricks.

DCI judges will STILL be wearing those Green $12.00 shirts.

DCP members will be outraged, simply outraged, that Jet Packs are only available to the top corps that can afford them, creating a two-division system:

3D and 2D.

Peace!!!!

Yes, and 2090 will also be known as the year the SKY RYDERS beat out the Cavaliers for the title! Wouldn't that be cool if some of the former drum corps came back and became champs?

Up in the air, like anti-gravity?

Well, considering we were all supposed to be colonizing Mars and driving space cars in 2000 according to 1950's logic, I'd say no. :P

Let's see, I'll take a "realistic" shot at it : Electronics will be legal, I'm sure of that....woodwinds are in the mix somehow, whether on the field or as a color instrument in the pit....probably the former, though... and by 2090 DCI and BOA will have merged just to make things easier. With more things legal, more marching units in "BOA-Summer", as any high school program that wanted to run a summer marching band could now compete.

Less big name units. One of the "big three" now will no longer be around, due to having left the activity for "other" reasons. In between now and 2090, several new DCI Champions: Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Blue Knights, East Coast Jazz, Arizona Academy, and a few yet to be formed corps out there.

Less touring, since fuel will still be a problem. Lots of regional shows...more of a weekend concentration and regionals become well, more "regional" instead of having evveryone there. Member age stays the same, tour costs average about 5000 bucks.

Heh, conjecture is fun. :P

Less touring, since fuel will still be a problem. Lots of regional shows...more of a weekend concentration and regionals become well, more "regional" instead of having evveryone there.

Disagree with this. I think of a quasi-utopian 2090 where fuel is NOT a problem any longer. I think we are about 30 or 40 years away from shifting this paradigm. I am thinking hydrogen fuel or maybe even...atomic transfer! (Not so sure about that last one) :)

This is probably what they thought 50 years ago. That we'd have all this hi-tech hoopla. Remember that in the 70s, people predicted there would be flying cars by our time. Well, I haven't seen one yet.

Personlly, I don't think drum and bugle corps will change that much. It's cool the way it is. :)

Less touring, since fuel will still be a problem. Lots of regional shows...more of a weekend concentration and regionals become well, more "regional" instead of having evveryone there. Member age stays the same, tour costs average about 5000 bucks.

Heh, conjecture is fun. :P

I don't think fuel will be a problem by 2090, mainly because I don't think we'll have any oil left so we'll have to find other ways to get down the road. I think that hybrids wil be the norm if not completely electrical vehicles (or some other nifty technology that we haven't come up with yet)

$5000 sounds pretty good for 2090 when you consider inflation.

That's probably like $10 right now :P