DCI Atlanta: A 23 Corps Buffet!

Looks like the record is now 448

@ 12:08 We had 450.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

listening to bluecoats full show on seasons pass.....horns sound tons on this video than they did on the stream....

yes - "odd" - isn't it? :beer:

LOL - hard to take this stuff seriously - I wasn't there - but on my 24" widescreen monitor Cadets, PR & Cavaliers seemed on fire tonight. Obviously not the same as being there.

Aside from a particular caption here or there, I agreed with the entire placements from 1st to 12th on the Corps performances tonight. That's a real rarity for me. The point spreads would have been a lot different, but not the placements. Oh well.

Edited by X DM

I'm calling BS on two things. One, Phantom over Cavies in Brass. No way. Two, even more ridiculous, BD over Cavies in GE Visual. GE Visual judge fails...

From my vantage point at the Dome tonight...

Regiment was better than Cavaliers in brass tonight. It happens. It doesn't mean much for one single show.

I love how people get bent out of shape over one score...

It. Happens.

And it happened tonight. In my (admittedly biased) opinion, they deserved it.

However...

They did NOT deserve to win GE Visual. Again, in my opinion.

Oh well...these things happen.

Still...I was expecting some horrible visual package from the guys in white, considering what everyone here says...

That's the last time i listen to the majority of DCP.

Regiment's visual is not in the same league as Cavaliers...but they are not that far removed from Blue Devils, who overuse the cross form and haven't really done much with this show since I first saw it (on Season Pass).

More tomorrow...i will have a long review.

Congrats to the boys (and girls) from Rockford.

hmmmm seems they must of had issues with the Bluecoats stream....only stream they have up thats the full show

Just got back to my hotel from the show. WOW! Even a flood in section 324 was not going to stop it.

When my FMM Cavalier son asked me about my rankings I had BD and the Cavaliers tied, but gave it to the Cavaliers because they literally made me laugh several times. I had the Bluecoats third by a hair over Phantom, but if I had thought about it more rationally I probably would have said PR third due to their incedible brass and drums. They were by far the best of the night on both counts. I have waited until I could see the Cadets' show live to comment. I liked it. But the show is silly and trivial. The corps is performing the heck out of it. But I would not rate it any higher than fifth. That is where it belongs. But I would gladly watch it again. It's fun. Not as horrid as I was led to believe. I loved Crown, SCV, Madison, and to my surprise Boston. Thought I would hate that one too. I was luke warm on Glassmen. Just did not move me beyond the deaf section. I really did not care for the music or the design of the BK show. They are doing it well, though. Would never have put them so high after I found out the rankings.

The shows this year are first rate top to bottom. I think that PR still has a chance of winning. BD and Cavaliers are terrific, but not unbeatable. It's a toss up for Madison. Wish I could be there, but I'm off to the UK that week. I will be plugged in from there on SP!