Atlanta, Georgia- Afternoon Scores

I just noticed that. Penalties these days are pretty much based on starting late. I rarely see penalties for anything else.

Well, I am thinking that Mandarins and Cap Regiment are looking for an explanation from the two Perc judges on their spreads. Mandarins Perc. 1 = 15.2; Perc. 2 = 12.7. Cap Regiment Perc. 1 = 16.6; Perc. 2 = 14.7.

Where's Rodney Goodhart when DCI needs him the most to teach percussion judges what to listen for??

After viewing the show today, I must say that I don't agree with a lot of this afternoon's judging.

-Southwind should have beaten Mandarins.

-Crossmen had the hose out this week, and they still had a rough show - should have been 16th today.

-Capital Regiment didn't have their best show - should have been 15th

-Blue Stars were on today - should have been 14th (new ending drill and music is a vast improvement)

14th to 16th is very very close.

-If Colts are 3 points down from Spirit, then Magic is 10 points down on Southwind.

-Were the brass judge and the ensemble judge listening to the same show? :rolleyes:

-Huge disparity in the percussion judges scores

-Was the ensemble visual judge at the show? I mean the one in Atlanta? In the Georgia Dome? At 12:00 PM?

I was at Indy, Denver, and San Antonio (regional-wise), and a couple of local shows, so I've seen everyone a few times over the course of the summer now. The judging today was pretty wacked. I have very few disagreements or complaints about the judging in San Antonio or Indy, but today - wow :beer:

I was wondering during the afternoon show why the pits were coming onto the field WITH the corps. That was the beginning of the problem. It was like that until Magic came on during prelims. That was the cause for the timing penalty for Seattle. If there was a hold up in the tunnel then that should be reflected in removing the penalty.

Anyone know what sheets Corpsvets were scored on?Div 2 sheets or DCA?

Capital Regiment didn't have their best show - should have been 15th

I thought they were 15th. :P

Oh well, it's gonna be one heckuva run to finals for these 13th-16th place corps.

I hated the amp misuse by Blue Stars, Crossmen, and to a lesser degree Capital Regiment. They are rightfully not real close to sniffing at a finals slot (though for more reasons than that).

Maybe he meant 15th in the day show, placing them behind both CorpsVets AND Jubal?

Well, I am thinking that Mandarins and Cap Regiment are looking for an explanation from the two Perc judges on their spreads. Mandarins Perc. 1 = 15.2; Perc. 2 = 12.7. Cap Regiment Perc. 1 = 16.6; Perc. 2 = 14.7.

Where's Rodney Goodhart when DCI needs him the most to teach percussion judges what to listen for??

Yeah, that's the first time Crossmen have beaten Capital Regiment in Drums since Indy. At San Antonio the spread was huge, CR up 1.5. Maybe they didn't have the best show ever, but judge 2 had them -2.2 from their last show. I usually look to these shows to get a real feel for how things are shaping up, but these scores are all over the place, not just in drums. I didn't think that CR would be that close to bones and Colts in Guard. Makes next week very interesting. Too bad I won't get to see it. Oh well. Madison is getting closer.