BD alum corps?

And one other thing.... GOOD LUCK TO YOU! I hope it works out, as I can only drool to think of how incredible that could be!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ask Jon Waggoner about my reaction in a PM when i SOMEHOW got the mistaken idea that the 04 parade corps was open to non-alums!

When i was there the day before the parade (to meet Jon and give him a gift from a former Maurader), I automatically came to attention when Stuart called it....some things are just built-in...even when it IS the respectful thing to do.

I must admit, that Rose Parade Corps in 2004 was pretty darn cool!!! :laugh: Being able to march side-by-side with current Vanguard Cadets, Santa Clara Vanguard members, and alumni from 2003 all the way back to 1967! b**bs btw - I marched right next to their assistant drum major for 2006...for 6 miles! Pretty darn cool! ^OO^

Edited by PeeWee

I must admit, that Rose Parade Corps in 2004 was pretty darn cool!!! :laugh: Being able to march side-by-side with current Vanguard Cadets, Santa Clara Vanguard members, and alumni from 2003 all the way back to 1967! b**bs btw - I marched right next to their assistant drum major for 2006...for 6 miles! Pretty darn cool! ^OO^

I rather liked seeing Jeff Pearson in one of the classic unis, myself!!

FYI,

There are no official or unofficial plans for a BD Alumni Corps!

-jeff-

Chair

Blue Devils Alumni Association

Well, I for one am QUITE happy that Bridgemen allow anyone to join. Since the corps proper has been gone for almost 20 years, there would be an eventual point where there were no more true "alumni" to march!

As far as not calling it an alumni corps... eh, whatever. The corps is ~75% alumni, and the staff (both instructional and administrative) is pretty darned close to 100% alumni.

This was the logical thing to do with The Kingsmen for the same 20 or so year reason.

One word comes to mind for anyone who has a problem with this, "celoso"! But they are still welcome to join if there is a spot available.

The more I think about it, the better the idea sounds. The West Coast can use more DCA qualified corps for competition. They don't have the time to globetrot like the DCI kids do, so if they can get together for a show every now and then that would be a good thing and lots of fun. :)

FYI,

There are no official or unofficial plans for a BD Alumni Corps!

-jeff-

Chair

Blue Devils Alumni Association

Not from the alum association....but some of the alums themselves are knocking it around....welcome to tha Yahoo group, by the way...

I am well aware -- as are the other people who have been talkign about it -- that we would need the blessing of the BD org in order to do it.

No harm in talking about it, tho...i AM trying to keep a lid on the enthusiasm until we get a better handle on if it could work.