Santa Clara Vanguard

The Bottle Dance  

69 members have voted

1. 1. How many times Santa Clara Vanguard Bottle Danced?

• Include it allways
    • 9 times
    • 1 time and 1 time only
    • 5 times
    • 11 times and it's the truth
    • 15 times
    • Never have
    • 7 times
    • Ok it's was 12 times
    • At Madison 2006 3 rd time

Terrance makes me laugh - what's wrong with that? He's kinda like the court jester that says things that seem random but he's actually calling the King a jerk if you listen closely.

Either that or he's on crack, I can't really tell for sure......

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a strange person

(dollar to Michael Palin)

What a strange person

Set Apart indeed! :lol:

drumhumorTerrance

lucinda basset? sorry i'm kinda new...
Terrance usually makes reference to previous posts in his current post. Heck, even this thread is a spin-off from a post in the Corps Motivational Poster thread. Someone made a poster of SCV doing the bottle dance and Terrance posted something about the sumo smiley (:lol:) vs. bottle dance. Several hours later this thread is born. The circle of life is complete. Edited by boilerman_05

What a strange person

Between this thread and the poop one, this is one quality night on DCP!!! b**bs :lolhit:

oooooh - there's a poop thread somewhere? b**bs

Terrance usually makes reference to previous posts in his current post. Heck, even this thread is a spin-off from a post in the Corps Motivational Poster thread. Someone made a poster of SCV doing the bottle dance and Terrance posted something about the sumo smiley (:music:) vs. bottle dance. Several hours later this thread is born. The circle of life is complete.

Thanks Boilerman_05 :lol:

drumhumorTerrance

Good morning:

In 'modern times' there is the story of Emily and the Bottle Dance.

No pics of 2002 (I only have video) but the story unfolded just before the last run-through. Everyone was gathered on a hill parents, friends, and alum, when I saw her being called forward by the staff. I see her nod, look at me with a smile, and dash back for the final set. The show had the entire guard end by forming shapes with their arms: circles, triangles, and squares. Emily was a square (oh that is soooo wrong!) So at the end, she stood with her arms forming a box, then suddenly, her fists clenched and down she went with leg out into the 'bottle dance' stance. It was only seen once...at the 2002 Championships and it can be seen briefly on the high cam DVD.

2003, her age out, there was no bottle dance, but as co-captain at Pacific Procession, she did get to dress in the 'original' SCV guard garb complete with white boots, scarf and aussi.

Mom