Is Seattle making a late season charge?

With all of the action going on with the trading of positions in the top 12, as anyone else noticed that Seattle Cascades have really climbed into the battle for a semi-finals spot? A 77.0 tonight as them sitting just behind South Wind for the coveted 17th spot.

I saw this corps last night in Pittsburgh and, in many ways, they were my favorite corps...next to

Phantom of course. I thought the brass and drumline were really playing well and obviously the guard and visual program are starting to perform at "more expected" levels from this group.

Keep charging Scades. There are a lot of us pulling for you.

keep pluggin' away!

i saw them in Denver and i really enjoyed their show as well. i would not mind hearing that show on my iPod. good job Seattle, keep pushing to the end.

With all of the action going on with the trading of positions in the top 12, as anyone else noticed that Seattle Cascades have really climbed into the battle for a semi-finals spot? A 77.0 tonight as them sitting just behind South Wind for the coveted 17th spot.

I saw this corps last night in Pittsburgh and, in many ways, they were my favorite corps...next to

Phantom of course. I thought the brass and drumline were really playing well and obviously the guard and visual program are starting to perform at "more expected" levels from this group.

Keep charging Scades. There are a lot of us pulling for you.

Seattle does in fact seem to be surging; however, they have to pass more than Southwind to get into Semi-Finals. They are in 18th place now. They would also have to pass Mandarins (or tie them again).

Seattle does in fact seem to be surging; however, they have to pass more than Southwind to get into Semi-Finals. They are in 18th place now. They would also have to pass Mandarins (or tie them again).

Mandarins, based on their last score, is now in 20th behind Magic, but I agree with you that the

Scades will have to pass them as I think the Manderins were ahead of them at Atlanta last week.

Having seen both corps, my money is on the Scades. Southwind will be more of a challenge.

Mandarins, based on their last score, is now in 20th behind Magic, but I agree with you that the

Scades will have to pass them as I think the Manderins were ahead of them at Atlanta last week.

Having seen both corps, my money is on the Scades. Southwind will be more of a challenge.

I agree. I too think Southwind will be more of a challenge. But you know just as well as I do, that scores from different shows don't mean anything, so Mandarins 20th place ranking means nothing. In San Antonio and Atlanta, Mandarins beat Southwind (something I disagree with, but oh well). Bottom line, Cascades are surging, and there are now three corps battling for the 17th place spot. Gotta love close races like this!

I agree. I too think Southwind will be more of a challenge. But you know just as well as I do, that scores from different shows don't mean anything, so Mandarins 20th place ranking means nothing. In San Antonio and Atlanta, Mandarins beat Southwind (something I disagree with, but oh well). Bottom line, Cascades are surging, and there are now three corps battling for the 17th place spot. Gotta love close races like this!

Very close for semi's:

15 - 79.450 Blue Stars

16 - 78.700 Capital Regiment

17 - 78.600 Southwind

18 - 77.000 Seattle Cascades

19 - 75.000 Mandarins

I think it's entirely possible. They only thing that may or may not hurt them is that Allentown is their next and last show before Quarters. Originally they were on the schedule for Lawrence MA, and Columbus OH, but for some reason they are not in the line-up anymore. They have 6 rehearsal days before Quarters and one free-day in NYC.

Anyone know why they are not in these shows anymore? And do you think the lack of shows down the strech will help or hurt them?

And....looking at the recaps, it doesn't look like some of the judges were at the same show. How in Hades can a corps score third in one caption and 7th in another? There just can't be that much discrepancy between the captions, IMHO.

Grrrrrrrr!

Edited by Cascade Mama

And....looking at the recaps, it doesn't look like some of the judges were at the same show. How in Hades can a corps score third in one caption and 7th in another? There just can't be that much discrepancy between the captions, IMHO.

But there really can. Why not? Drum corps is full of that sort of thing. In '91, we took 8th in horns and 12th overall. It happens.