Pacific Crest at Warrenton

you really think they don't have what it takes to "make up" for what you consider an apparent lack of rehearsal time? this is a drum corps that works its butt off every single second of rehearsal...a corps i might add that came out to finals for the first time and sent 6 corps home. yes, they have a week before finals, but these are smart people who know what they are doing. just because they have a couple days off during the tour doesn't mean that every single one of these kids is working any less hard than "full touring" groups. not only are these guys putting together year after year of spectacular shows, their members are doing it on top of jobs, school, sometimes both. and if you ask any of the members, do you really think they feel they are missing out??? i guarantee you the answer is no. people know what they are getting into when they decide to join Pacific Crest, if they didn't want to do it, they would go somewhere else.

everyone should please stop bashing this wonderful group just because you don't necessarily agree with their methods.

I really don't see anyone bashing PC here. It seems that people are simply commenting on the state of things as they see it. I don't see anyone saying they don't work as hard as the full touring corps. But they have pointed out that perhaps they are disadvantaged in the process from a competitive stand point - especially in a strong year like this one. Bottom line, if they have more cleaning to do than the competition, they are at a disadvantage. The other corps are not going to just kick up their heels and relax for the remainder of the summer. PC is a wonderful group. They consistently put on an entertaining and competitive package with a part time operating model. This year is no exception. They are very entertaining. I just would not expect them to make semi-finals this year.

Their score did move - it went down. They are behind the likes of Mandarins, Magic, Southwind, Esperanza ... well, everyone except for Pioneer (at this writing).

Regarding their long travel day, the flew cross country on Monday while every other corps has been riding the bus.

If they can clean and get acclimated, they can move up, but they only have a week to perfect what they're working on while on the road. So it's not like they have a month to fix their problems like all the other corps that have been practicing 12-14 hours a day, day in and day out (but I digress).

East Coast Classic, Lawrence, MA

August 2, 2006

4 Capital Regiment 79.550

5 Blue Stars 78.300

6 Pacific Crest 77.200

7 Southwind 76.550

Well, I guess they got "acclimated". Or maybe it was the flight after all. Boy, the week sure flew by, didn't it? B)

East Coast Classic, Lawrence, MA

August 2, 2006

4 Capital Regiment 79.550

5 Blue Stars 78.300

6 Pacific Crest 77.200

7 Southwind 76.550

Well, I guess they got "acclimated". Or maybe it was the flight after all. Boy, the week sure flew by, didn't it? B)

Jumped 5 spots. Not bad at all.

:worthy: B)

Edited by rebu

They had a call time at Diamond Bar at 3:30am on Monday, a less than ideal final rehearsal before they left, etc. We'll see what happens.

Yes, maybe less than ideal, but...

Before they had that wonderful call time, this corps supported their other SoCal corps by attending the Western Corps Connection sponsored by Yamato the previous Saturday evening.

This is the essence of drum corps and I am so proud of each and every corp and their members in...not only this area, but all over the U.S.A., Japan and Canada....awesome job! Let the kids do what they do best...entertain us and fascinate us with their abilities.

Just talked to some people...

Their first day there they had lots of people passing out, sitting on the sideline, etc. They sent at least 3 people to the ER. They were far from being on par.

Looks like they might be back to being okay soon...

Wow, what a way to start their East Coast tour. I really feel for them, going on first in that heat. I didn't know they had people passing out and being sent to the ER; I hope everyone is ok now. Their second score seems to show that they're recovering just fine. Good luck PC, and stay safe!

Just talked to some people...

Their first day there they had lots of people passing out, sitting on the sideline, etc. They sent at least 3 people to the ER. They were far from being on par.

Looks like they might be back to being okay soon...

This is sad to hear, but not overly surprising. It was 102 when I left work that day. Anyone remember a few weeks back in Kansas when kids were dropping like flies from the heat? Those kids have now been in the heat for several weeks and are probably used to dealing with it by now. PC just arrived. A reaction to that kind of heat is no real surprise. Glad to hear everyone is OK, and that they are rapidly adjusting to it. Can't wait to see their performance in Allentown now and see what they can do when they are back to 100%.