Yet ANOTHER high-schoolish rip off of DCI

The confusion lies in the fact that many posters here ( myself included ) didn't bother to open up the link ( who can blame us ? )

I can.

If you don't open the link, don't expect to know the whole story. Ever.

Never post based on partial information.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Girlfriend approves of this thread. :lolhit:

Ah, but what does the Monarch think? :o

vb_monarch.jpg

Edited by Maedhros

I can.

If you don't open the link, don't expect to know the whole story. Ever.

Never post based on partial information.

" Never post on partial information ". ( You tell us ). Good advice to follow. The next time we have a post here on judges scores, ( without hearing directly from the judge on the rationale for his scoring ) placements, watching and then commenting on a Corps performance from a computer screen, or responding to partial comments made by a Corps Director on his website, or at a DCI Meeting, or commenting on Drum Corps shows that we wern't in attendance at, etc....... we'll remember this advice..... " never post on partial information ". You do realize that with this requirement of yours, that this site is about to become an echo chamber if everyone follows this advice to the letter ?

Edited by X DM

" Never post on partial information ". ( You tell us ). Good advice to follow. The next time we have a post here on judges scores, placements, watching a Corps performance on a computer screen, or responding to partial comments made by a Corps Director on his website, or Drum Corps shows that we wern't in attendance at, etc....... we'll remember this advice..... " never post on partial information ". You do realize that with this requirement of yours, that this site is about to become an echo chamber if everyone follows this advice to the letter ?

You didn't click on the link or read the thread before posting and looked like a fool. There is a difference between that and having a discussion about something relevant.

If people would just take the time to read a thread before they post the first thing they think of life would be a lot easier on DCP. The reason behind that? In a 4 page thread your witty comment has probably already been said 5 times.

Some of you would be banned inside 10 minutes on other forums.

"If people would just take the time to read a thread before they post the first thing they think of life would be a lot easier on DCP. " ( You said above )...............................................................................

'Not trying to be rude or anything, but I have absolutely no idea what you just said, nor meant, in that incomprehensible sentence of yours. ( But your above advice for us has been duly noted )

Edited by X DM

"If people would just take the time to read a thread before they post the first thing they think of life would be a lot easier on DCP. " ( You said above )...............................................................................

I have absolutely no idea what you just said in that sentence of yours. ( But your advice above has been so noted )

You're making an incoherent post complaining about incoherency?

This topic's gone to pot.

The direction my thread took, at first, disappointed me. But when I look at it in a "why my mom doesn't think Scrubs is funny" kind of way, I see the social experiment in it all. The sarcasm that infiltrates my everyday world is completely lost on some people. That's fascinating.

Here's my conclusion...

When posting on DCP, I guess I'm imagining that most people reading my threads look like this:

Laptop.jpg

When, in actuality, they look like this:

nerd.jpg

:P (emoticon indicates that I am, in fact, joking. In no way do I ACTUALLY think that DCP persons look like this man. Thank you.)

NOW THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!