Yet ANOTHER high-schoolish rip off of DCI

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, it DOES feel like that!

:P

So explain how this is a rip on the '95 Cavaliers...

Is it becasue they used Mars as the backdrop?...

In that case it is a rip on the '85 and '86 Cavaliers also. Oh and '05 Southwind...

It also rips on the other 10 or so corps that have played Mars.

It also must rip on my local Commmunity Band here in "Parts Known" because they played Mars three years ago.

funny clip ... you need a better subject line tough.

- sour

'05 SW played Mars? ####, i should have watched that show more, but alas i couldn't we performed right before them, so...

don't worry geluf, i got the joke, laughed went on my merry little way. :P :D

Brandon

My issue is that "some" drum corps people are always hollering about rip off this and rip off that. Did anyone know that a Cavaliers show I think one in the 00's is rip off of a high school band show. Yes it was written by the same drill designer but the band did it first. so did the Cavies rip them off.....yes.

I guess its the Drum corps is the end all of music that bugs me.

Craig, I understand your point.

...at least you knew it was TRYING to be funny. :P

My issue is that "some" drum corps people are always hollering about rip off this and rip off that. Did anyone know that a Cavaliers show I think one in the 00's is rip off of a high school band show. Yes it was written by the same drill designer but the band did it first. so did the Cavies rip them off.....yes.

I guess its the Drum corps is the end all of music that bugs me.

Yes, and it was that very attitude that the OP was satirizing. That "some people" would even go so far as to accuse a cartoon of ripping off Drum Corps ....

View, laugh, acknowledge, move on.

No worries .... :)

So explain how this is a rip on the '95 Cavaliers...

Is it becasue they used Mars as the backdrop?...

In that case it is a rip on the '85 and '86 Cavaliers also. Oh and '05 Southwind...

It also rips on the other 10 or so corps that have played Mars.

It also must rip on my local Commmunity Band here in "Parts Known" because they played Mars three years ago.

funny clip ... you need a better subject line tough.

- sour

It was a freakin' joke!!!!!!!! JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear that this site, and the fact that every post spirals into a nitpicking session, is the biggest joke.

What a tool!!!!

Thank God there are rules here, or I would really lay into you. This has got to be the dumbest response I have had the displeasure of reading.

Edited by siuehist

The direction my thread took, at first, disappointed me. But when I look at it in a "why my mom doesn't think Scrubs is funny" kind of way, I see the social experiment in it all. The sarcasm that infiltrates my everyday world is completely lost on some people. That's fascinating.

Here's my conclusion...

When posting on DCP, I guess I'm imagining that most people reading my threads look like this:

Laptop.jpg

When, in actuality, they look like this:

nerd.jpg

:P (emoticon indicates that I am, in fact, joking. In no way do I ACTUALLY think that DCP persons look like this man. Thank you.)