Blue Knights need your help!

http://www.bknights.org/news/news.asp?nID=199

Notice from an Alumnus!

Hello,

My name is DeWayne Even. I played soprano bugle for the Blue Knights from 1987-1993. Mark has asked me to relay some critical information about the future of the Blue Knights.

The bad news: Now, more than ever, the Blue Knights really need our help to survive. The corps is facing a very difficult financial situation that puts its very future in great peril. Skyrocketing fuel prices and dwindling Bingo revenues have taken their toll on the finances of the corps. The corps is pursuing many avenues for fundraising in an effort to stay afloat.

The great news: There is an extremely easy, painless way for anyone to contribute to ensuring the future of the Blue Knights organization!!!

By clicking on the "Donate Now" link on the home page, you can sign up to donate to the Blue Knights automatically and painlessly each month.

For the price of a couple "Grande Mochas" a month, you can help the current and future members of the Blue Knights.

For example:

There are over 4,000 alumni of the Blue Knights. If just 750 of us gave $10 a month it would mean $90,000 annually for the Blue Knights! $90,000 of predictable monthly income that the corps can count on.

This is a unique opportunity for all of us to give back to the corps that has given us so much. Please sign up to give what you can to help.

My family has decided to donate $10 a month for each family member for a total of $40. That's just $20 dollars from each of our paychecks that we won't even miss. (We got the idea from Leonard & Elizabeth Robinson, who are doing the same.)

What are you willing to give back to the Blue Knights???

As little as $10 a month will help the corps out tremendously. The corps needs our help now. Please donate. With your help we can ensure a bright future for the Blue Knights.

To take part in the Blue Knights reoccuring gifts program please click on the "Support the Blue Knights" link on our home page.

Thanks,

DeWayne & Diane Even

I encourage everyone who is a fan of this great corps to visit BKnights.org and sign up for a donation. Even if you can't afford to drop $10 every month, even a one-time donation will surely help. Blue Knights are having one of their best seasons in years, and have a unique character unlike any other. It would be a shame if finances kept us from enjoying such a great member of this activity, especially knowing that we could have helped.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a huge Blue Knights fan for about...two weeks now. Why it's taken me this long to get into them, I have no idea. This corps is unbelievable...they're right up there with the "elite" in my book.

I will most definitely donate. It's never good to see a corps in this situation.

I loved BK at the Pittsburg KS show! Wonderful CG in every way (marbled crimson/black unis, lots of body work sans equipment). Donation coming! (Do I get an autographed pic of the Sword Sorceress? Doesn't matter, I'm still hypnotized by her :-D )

I live 50 miles north of Denver

There's no way in #### I'm going to let the home team fold

You're #### right I'm donating

I've had their Albertson's community partner card for a long time and we shop there almost exclusively so $ can go to BK. That's another way you can help our friends in Denver. Just ask BK to send you one.

But yeah...$ coming.

Will news of this hurt next year's auditionee numbers/placement?

Huh. huh. anybody, your thoughts.....

Nah...the fuel costs are affecting everyone. They'll figure out how to deal with it...but they could definitely use our help. The blast e-mail newsletter made the same plea...I've never known the Blue Knights to ask if they didn't really need the help.