On tour...

zachsbugle

Who showered with their horn?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who showered with their horn?

• Did shower with horn
    • Didn't shower with horn

I always showered with my horn. well, except for my age out. I think I cleaned my horn twice that summer. If you're careful you can avoid getting the felt pads wet. My biggest problem was remembering to loosen the top and bottom valve caps before I went into the shower and had no chance of ever getting them off of there.

Generally showering with horns sounds like a good idea to me. A whole bunch of dust and stuff gets in there during rehearsals. If anyone marched a kanstul powerbore soprano you know what that does to the trigger at least.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word... yeah i marched one. Yeah, it gets just alittle more crap on it, than you leave ouside. Makes very much difficult to use while playing. Final run-through at rehearsals are always fun, try to sqeeze, it moves, and never returns out, and you're sharp the rest of the final run-through, or at least the song. Not fun, but awesome horns.

hey I know Mike Freed! he taught colts after marching kiwanis didn't he?

Yep, he was a rook-out in 97, then a drill tech with the Kavaliers in 98. I remember running into him on tour in 99 when he was with the Colts. Since then he teched with Impulse (if you're from out east they're a Div II corps from So Cal that have a VK streak to them), but I didn't see him this last summer.

anyone else ever play thier horns in the shower? we'd takem in after rehersing on a really dusty dirty feild to clean em out and when we'd get done occasionally blow a few notes play a few chords, or a small chunk of music just for fun. shower acoustics are cool. of course it al;ways ###### off the drummers. as if their eternal kekking on every surface they could find wasnt annoying heh heh.

Yeah, anyone that showered with the Glory Cadets hornline probably heard us play "In heaven there is no beer".. or possibly, on special occasion, some jazz tunes or anything else random. I forget who we were with, but us and them jammed to "Chameleon" Good tune... fun one too. I think we played a few other things, we'd also sing. We had alittle too much fun I believe sometimes.. :P , maybe we should come up with a drum corps-wide tune to jam in showers with or something. maybe not.... lol..

• 2 weeks later...

Of COURSE I showered with my contra...geez... how ELSE was it gonna get cleaned?! Hose 'er up?! I dont' think so! I did that my first half season in '98 and it took oh..I'd say 1hour..but that's after it hadn't been used in ... uh..like 6 years..ya..u can just IMAGINE the raunchy smell! yuck! But now she's my Bertha... and i try to keep good care of her.. ya..pretty sad eh? well if you've ever seen the Dancing Contra Chik at DCI I & E's..that's me! My horn's definatly a part of me..so ya..

Keep on Keepin' on!