Does Pioneer have the largest drumline in DCI?

Where on season pass are the videos? I can't find them anywhere.

Here's mommobloo's excellent instructions from the Allentown lounge thread. It saves a lot of explaining...

Roll your mouse over "Summer Coverage", then CLICK on "'06 Event Coverage" -- don't mouse over to the menu with the other shows! The player will come up and list the Allentown shows that are available, and you'll see the Eastern Classic banner at the top of the player page. They must take the link down while they're loading new shows because you couldn't load the page for several minutes, then when it came back up Esperanza and Mandarins had been added. It's an easter egg, very hidden -- even more than back when they had the "Beta test stream" link for the early shows. Kudos to whoever figured out this was happening tonight!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look of their corps, their drum line and their playing of Gary Owen as they troop the stands. :laugh: I think they are a class act. I don't know why a lot of people like to down them.

Edited by Kansan

they need more brass. very overbalanced at times, especially with the snare tuning

It looks like Pioneer might have the largest drumline in DCI this year. They are marching 6 cymbals 4 tenors 5 bass drums a huge pit and alot of snares...I couldnt tell exactly how many?

From what I have read, they have the largest drum line and, without a doubt, the smallest brass section. NOT a good balance in anyone's book! Go figure.

Here's the problems we have in the hornline. We started out, thirteen sops, 12 Baris, 6 Mellos, and 6 Contras. One contra player had to go home because his father is in the hospital, the other one messed up his arm (Some of ya'll may have seen him marching in a sling), and the contra put to much stress on his body (gave him ulcers), so he moved to sop. Then, I tore my ACL and some cartiliage in my left knee. THe main problem we had in the soprano section was the number of drummers that were brought in to replace people who had been at camps, but ended up not marching due to money and such.

Currently it is;

13 Sops

6 Mellos

4 Contras

12 Baris

Edited by PioSop06

Here's the problems we have in the hornline. We started out, thirteen sops, 12 Baris, 6 Mellos, and 6 Contras. One contra player had to go home because his father is in the hospital, the other one messed up his arm (Some of ya'll may have seen him marching in a sling), and the contra put to much stress on his body (gave him ulcers), so he moved to sop. Then, I tore my ACL and some cartiliage in my left knee. THe main problem we had in the soprano section was the number of drummers that were brought in to replace people who had been at camps, but ended up not marching due to money and such.

Currently it is;

13 Sops

6 Mellos

4 Contras

12 Baris

A friend of mine was on their staff. This friend said six of their drummers who did not make the cut were asked to go on brass to beef up that section. That gave them 36 horns. Not the best way to develop a D1 brass section, and be competitive.