Did the Cadets Get a Deduction Last Night...

During the Cadets show last night in Allentown the Cadets had a crackle or pop (no, not rice krispies) coming from the right speaker. It happened probably at least every thirty seconds. Does this effect any of the sheets? It chould come off of GE at the very least as I and many around me found it to be very annoying. More annoying then...oh never mind. Seriously though, Hopkins went right over to the sound board obviously mad and then spent the rest of the show pacing from 20 to 20 (I notived him when he caught my glance from time to time, which should probably be a deduction in itself because staff should not be moving in viual sight) i know that this has been discussed before, but I have never seen a definite answer as to where mistakes with electronics show up.

Disclaimer - One comment was made to allow for comedic liberties, not to bash anyone or anything having to do with the Cadets. So sit down and take a deep breath before going postal.

As for Hopkins's pacing - I always see him doing that during finals week. Not sure about regular season shows, though, as I don't remember ever seeing him.

It really gets annoying to see the guy pace like that. Dude, everybody knows who you are, you don't have to try to get attention!

I saw The Cadets in Westminster (june) and again this week in Bensalem. Amp issues much improved, but still some crackle. Is this just inheirant with amps? If you are gonna try and fill a stadium with a few amps you gotta crank them.

I did notice The Cadets two amp stacks are about 6 feet tall each, 3 amps high? Is the arms race being fueled as we speak?

Side question: any rules pertaining to the amount of amps one can have? I noticed some corps still run with a few small ones, but again, the amp stacks of The Cadets top out at six feet or so.

Ugh...this tired old argument, we've been saying this all along that they should be deducted in GE,and it falls on the responsibility of the sound staff guy....they have to learn how to "balance" it so they won't get a "snap... crackle" sound...it is fixable at the board.

one question...why in the world do you have your sound guy 10 feet from the pit?

to truly do it right, he should be yards away