SCV's Request

Thanks for SCV link. :)

drumspiritTerrance

Let's just hope Vanguard make good placement come to pass and not haunted by 80s! :whistle:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm..... If they have to ask you to yell..... I don't know about this. The Vanguard yell is a tradition born out of spontaneity. If it doesn't happen this year as loud as the last two years, is it really a big deal? I can understand wanting to hype up the members, but still I have mixed feelings about this....

However, I will conform and bow to this unilateral edict that has been forced upon me. :P

VANGUARD!!

I dunno. It was pretty good in 2004. What I think has made this year's yell a little confusing is actually deciphering its placement. When you listen to the music that lead up to the yells in 2004 & 2005, it was pretty obvious. This one staggers a little bit....you gotta' be on your toes for this one. Watch the front of the feed into the horn block when that last member makes it to the box.

BTW, did anyone make a graphic for the 2006 Santa Clara Vanguard Appreciation Society?

Edited by Wildabeast

One Vanguard yell. Check. You got it, SCV. :)

I had it down by the 2nd California show!

Side note - the trumpet playing right before the yell on this video...YIKES! :o Hope that clears up.

...The Vanguard yell is a tradition born out of spontaneity...

True. However, because the audience has been yelling in places that SCV wanted to have silence as an effect, the past few years show's have had the yell "built in" to make sure everything lines up as intended. This year's yell has been a little hard to catch, so I'm glad the corps has spelled it out for those having trouble.

Vanguard! :whistle:

I dunno. It was pretty good in 2004. What I think has made this year's yell a little confusing is actually deciphering its placement. When you listen to the music that lead up to the yells in 2004 & 2005, it was pretty obvious. This one staggers a little bit....you gotta' be on your toes for this one. Watch the front of the feed into the horn block when that last member makes it to the box.

BTW, did anyone make a graphic for the 2006 Santa Clara Vanguard Appreciation Society?

I think 99 provided the perfect yell buildup. It just flows out of my mouth every time I hear that recording. I was driving somewhere with my (now ex)girlfriend and we had SCV 99 on, I got a little into it and scared the crap out of her :whistle: .

it's a cool tradition, but wasn't it better in the old days because it was kind of word-of-mouth and it caught on over the course of the summer? it seemed more spontaneous.

with the internet describing exactly when to do it, it seems sort of artificial and ingenuine. am I wrong?

See my earlier reply.