Allentown - Saturday Scores

<**>

Can someone answer me this---is there someone judging the judges from the DCI organization? Do they see the profound inconsistencies of certain judges? Just wondering.

A drum corps fan.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes there is a group that looks at the tendicies, thats how judges get placed for nat's week

thurs..."give em a try" Sat " this is it"

Some judges may be new to the whole finals week and what their number might mean, b ut i f you go back to all the regionals... you can expect these judges to judge sometime during Madison

side note

the judges don't know what they will be judging until Wed night!

its funny how wound up everyone is about this..

i doubt the corps own STAFF even cares this much. lol

remember. judging is subjective.. like it or now. all the kids and staff can do, is go out and put on the best show they can. how the KIDS feel once they walk off the field is what really matters.. scores.. placement.. is nice.. nothing else after that really matters.. so... why do you care?

Another scoring mishap from tonight in allentown would be the Crossmen dropping their score...that's defintely not right either. I saw them at Bensalem, Giants Stadium, and tonight. Tonight was their best performance BY FAR!(besides the soprano player pulling an '89 BD).

The crowd responses definitely told a different story than what the scores do as well. The fans went Crazy for Vanguard, and they really liked the Bluecoats. The BD pretty much got your regular applause after a lackluster performance.

Hey... it's tradition... judges love screwing XCrossmen; they've been doing it for years. .. what do u think?...tonite would be different!? They made up the minds a long time ago... they don't want bones on ESPN 2 this year either? It's a done deal.

...poor kids though, they deserved a better score than an 80... give me a break! Guess you can't have two corps from the same city in one dci broadcast; it's a new rule!

Yes, I agree sopranos have been having problems the whole year, this is true... but ####! The Corps and their marching were way better than the last two shows... Should have gone up, not down.

They will never fold; if that's what they really want to happen... someone will buy bones from GH and they will live forever...

They'll be back next year and the year after that... and so on, and so on.

You can't kill the bones' spirit by screwing them; it only makes them stronger!

if i #### anyone off with my comment; so what; been dealing with this unfairness since 1978. I had enough.

Edited by xbones7480

its funny how wound up everyone is about this..

i doubt the corps own STAFF even cares this much. lol

remember. judging is subjective.. like it or now. all the kids and staff can do, is go out and put on the best show they can. how the KIDS feel once they walk off the field is what really matters.. scores.. placement.. is nice.. nothing else after that really matters.. so... why do you care?

HA! you are so wrong about that!\meaning the staff "even cares" part

Edited by DCM

Costanza needs to be pulled. Look at the numbers here and in Texas, you'll see.

I don't know one way or another about this specific judge or how he judged your corps in the past.. or what it "means" -- I just hope that none of you guys complaining about him were among those people coming down on George Dixon a couple weeks ago for having a scoring issue with another judge with re: Cadets.

That would be pretty hypocritical, if you ask me.

Costanza guard score comparisions -- San Antonio versus Allentown:

Corps San Antonio Allentown

Blue Devils 18.4 18.8

Cavies 18.2 18.7

Phantom 17.7 18.1

Cadets 18.0 18.6

Bluecoats 16.9 17.5

First -- BD's guard only .4 better in a 3 week span??

Second -- Cavies only .5 better in a 3 week span??

Third -- PR only .4 better in a 3 week span??

Fourth -- Cadets only .6 better in a 3 week span??

Last -- Bluecoats scoring almost a whole box lower with Costanza at San Antonio and Allentown then other shows they have been at with the rest of DCI's guard judges...

This guy ain't doing what he is supposed to do, and is grinding a prevervial axe.....

He needs tossed from the roster, and FAST!!!

Sounds to me like you guys are the ones doing the axe grinding. Looks to me like this judge is just consistent. During the same time period, he awards relatively the same margin of improvement to all these corps.

In fact, among them, he gave Bluecoats quite the boost:

Cadets and Bluecoats: + .6

Cavaliers: + .5

BD and PR: + .4

I guess it's all in how you choose to look at it... and the way I see it, he's looking like a consistent judge.

I hope the staff does care. It is part of their job. I hope the current marching members aren't attached to the scores, because that isn't their job. Part of being a fan IS caring about the scores and talking about them. Would you ever tell a fan of an 0-16 football team that they shouldn't care about wins and losses as long as they had a good time watching the team? How long would that fly? If scores didn't matter, they wouldn't have them. Since they do, it is something to be discussed.

I see the spread between Cavies and BD is the same as it was in Atlanta. Phantom seemingly has third all to themselves. Cadets have been setup now to finish ahead of Bluecoats in Madison, although I have a hard time personally agreeing with that. SCV looks to be alone in sixth. Crown, BK, and Boston could still see some movement. I wouldn't be surprised if Madison, Glassmen, and Spirit come in 10-12 respectively all 3 nights at Championships.

At least there is some drama at the top and a chance for some movement around. I think the top 12 is already set. Certainly the Colts appear to be the only corps with a chance to sneak in.

Edited by Tekneek

The argument over numbers management and judging is funnier when you know some of the real names behind the screen names. At least one taught in DCI for 10+ years........

I love DCP. Opinions are like noses. Everyone has one but some people just don't like the looks of yours.

-Travis

edited for lack of coffee in the AM

Edited by blue9195