Bridgemen Review?

Guys, ignore DrumCorpsWhatever... he is a troll, always has been a troll. Check out his posting history... miles and miles of trolldom.

Not to mention that he couldn't hang for 3 seconds with us, and has no sack to either sign his name to his trolling or let us know firsthand that we were "bad".

Dork.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, ignore DrumCorpsWhatever... he is a troll, always has been a troll. Check out his posting history... miles and miles of trolldom.

Not to mention that he couldn't hang for 3 seconds with us, and has no sack to either sign his name to his trolling or let us know firsthand that we were "bad".

Dork.

sorry.

I remember the Bridgemen being a GREAT drum corps. much more than just gags.

anyone watch Madison's alumni or vanguard's ?

credit to all .

my BAD.

JJ

sorry.

I remember the Bridgemen being a GREAT drum corps. much more than just gags.

anyone watch Madison's alumni or vanguard's ?

credit to all .

my BAD.

JJ

Okay JJ, you get credit and plus points for your apology.

Waitaminute... not so fast my friend...

"JJ"... you say you march(ed) KINGSMEN? And you are going to come on this board and slap us down? Are you marching YOUR alumni corps? If so, you know that you are never going to be as good rehearsing a couple weekends a year than you were 30 years ago rehearsing every day. We do this for fun, and as far as I am concerned, we ARE much more than just "gags". I am quite proud of this show this year. Is it as precise as, say, 1980? Of course not, but that would be an unrealistic expectation, wouldn't it? After all, that WAS the 3rd place show IN THE WORLD.

If you are sincere in your apology, then I will apologize for my post as well. However, I don't think that anyone needs to come out and slam the Alumni groups. We are doing it for fun, and for the audience. Based on the reactions that we have gotten this year, and what I have seen from the MSARP, we succeeded in that. Will everyone think that we were good? Of course not, and if you don't, well, that's your right, of course. WE think we are pretty darned good for a bunch of "old farts", and the crowds that we have seen so far tend to agree, so I am cool with that.

Take care, and if you are marching Kingsmen, have a blast next year!

Edited for poor grammar.

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

Waitaminute... not so fast my friend...

Take care, and if you are marching Kingsmen, have a blast next year!

man such a statement from a Bridgemen CBA member :) almost sounds like you didn't have a drink in your hand and you thought out each word.....

man such a statement from a Bridgemen CBA member :) almost sounds like you didn't have a drink in your hand and you thought out each word.....

Well, I try not to drink at work! (But obviously have no problems posting!)

Maybe someone should inform dcifan2002 that the Bridgemen Alumni is not a one shot deal super corps. We are going to continue this thing for years to come because we all love doing it and after all, it's THE BRIDGEMEN!!!!! Not sure how much rehearsal time was put in for the Scouts and Vanguard Alumni, but we don't really get enough rehearsal time to make everything absolutely perfect. Plus, it's a lot easier to hide mistakes with 250+ people on the field. I saw a video of the Madison Alumni from semifinals and it was awesome. With that said, I don't really see them doing anything differently from what we are doing. And we are more than gags. There was another 13 minutes plus of musical entertainment and 8,000 other people seemed to really enjoy it.

I flew up for Allentown this year, and it was really cool to be able to see the alumni corps!! The horn line blew me away - Great job, guys!!

Afterwards somebody at their booth tried to recruit me, although that'd be a bit of a commute from Atlanta.. :rolleyes: