Madison Scouts 2006

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they were on to something last year. This year seems like an effort to re-invent themselves again, which makes no sense considering how successful they were in '05.

They made a mistake in not working harder to hang on to Pete Weber. Rosander's drill is ok, but obviously he doesn't write from the standpoint of knowing what can be cleaned very well. SCV's visual numbers are one of the biggest spreads between them and Scouts right now; clearly SCV got the better half of the swap.

Find a uni design and stick with it. Why not try something radical and hire a professional costume designer who won't just give you a slight variation on one of his stock designs?

This year's show is a Blue Knights/Crown/Boston generic show, with no swagger and no sense of fun. Historically, Madison has always sought to connect to the audience as much as they can. This year's show seems remote. But again, the DID do it last year, so I'm puzzled as to what's changed from last year to this year.

Madisons show has potential...if it sounded like the Madison we all know and love. but they don't.

the key is they don't sound special or unique...they sound like everyone else

Yeah...that's my beef too. When I heard the show announced at the dome in Atlanta, I was surprised to hear the ending was going to be from Estancia Ballet by Ginastera, but I thought surely it would be a jazzed up version, much like their treatement of "In the Hall of the Mountain King" in 1998. But alas, it wasn't jazzed up at all. It wasn't Madison...not for me.

They were good, no doubt, but I never felt like I was watching the Scouts.

You realize how ironic the phrasing of that sentence is? :P

Very Ironic, indeed! And, I must add, the Scouts are not very "primal" this year....much like they were not "madisonic".

I blame it on Colin McNutt --- see what happens when you get rid of a cymbal line! Let others beware....

Don't forget about the pit not wearing hats. That could be affecting the color guard and visual scores.

I blame it on Colin McNutt --- see what happens when you get rid of a cymbal line! Let others beware....

This goes in the same catagory as the Pit not wearing hats anymore and playing like a bunch of school girls. There was a smaller Asian pit member that marched in the late 90s early 00s. He alone was enough to make the Scouts show interesting...he could communicate with the fans and the box at an extremely high level (much higher than anyone in the Scouts pit these days!), and he wore an aussie!

**sorry Redmann, you beat me too it** However I seem to believe you are being sarcastic.

Oh how I long to see cymbal visuals. How bout them cymbal tosses over a rotating drumline?!?! :worthy:

Edited by mdsnsctfan

did anyone else see that this year they switched to some sort of dancing shoes?!!?!? called viper or something, they look really dance teamish, you can see them here
Those look very similar to the MTX (Cesario) brand of marching shoe that we had used starting in 2003. I have no idea why you think they're dance team-ish besides the fact that the picture shows them drastically bent in the middle (and it looks like it would hurt).

I just saw the clip from Allentown of Madison's show (SeasonPass) and i thought they looks sooo much better than in SA and Atlanta. Show is probably impossible to clean entirely but the flow and shapes looks alot better and cleaner than previous shows. I actually like the music.