Blue Stars are a Class Act

I must Congratulate the Blue Stars and there staff for the professionalism

displayed at the Boston Crusaders home show i attended this past week.

(sorry for the delay in writing--i was on vacation there)

I know corps are very busy when they are preparing to go on the field,

and sometimes do not stop for the pledge of allegiance,yet i witnessed

a CLASS ACT when not only the entire corps stopped, but the entire staff and helpers!!

it was quite a sight to see!

Keep it up Blue Stars--you truly are an amazing story being written right in

front of our eyes!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Omaha, the Blue Stars were on early (just like every other non-regional they played at this year) and had the opportunity to watch the Cavaliers show from some high ground on the back side of the field. When the Cavies marched off, the Blue Stars stood by the Cavies column as it went by and applauded them just as if they were in the audience watching the Cavies troop (troupe?) the stands. No one would have thought twice if the Blue Stars just didn't pay attention as the Cavaliers left the field, but they took the effort to show their respect. Very nice to see.

Sounds like a classy organization all around. Congratulations on your return to Division I. I wish you the best in Madison and look forward to being entertained by the STARS for many years to come. One of my favorite shows of the year!

Great season!!

^OO^

Blue Stars put on a great show here in Boston.

I'm very happy for their return to Div 1.

In Omaha, the Blue Stars were on early (just like every other non-regional they played at this year) and had the opportunity to watch the Cavaliers show from some high ground on the back side of the field. When the Cavies marched off, the Blue Stars stood by the Cavies column as it went by and applauded them just as if they were in the audience watching the Cavies troop (troupe?) the stands. No one would have thought twice if the Blue Stars just didn't pay attention as the Cavaliers left the field, but they took the effort to show their respect. Very nice to see.

I understand and agree with the comments concerning how classy BS is.... however, i want you to realize some corps do not clap after others performance because of Military bearing.

Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to see the kids from the the Blue Stars this year. But everyone I talked to who has, tells me that they're an outstanding corps in every sense of that term. Appluad another corps in review? In my day that was unthinkable, and you might have even been taken to task by one of your corpsmates if you did. The Stars displayed class, honor and integrity. I salute them for it.

I was able to attend a rehearal in San Antonio, all the kids were so friendly and well behaved. Our son's girlfriend marches with them this year and she loves it. She marched another corp last year and says she is here to stay if she can march next year. They have a great show and are doing a good job with their first year in Div. I. Hope I make it to the theater in time on Thursday to see the whole show.

When the Cavies marched off, the Blue Stars stood by the Cavies column as it went by and applauded them just as if they were in the audience watching the Cavies troop (troupe?) the stands.

Wow, my first post! I remember we also did this back in 1980 when we (the Blue Stars) missed finals for the first time, placing 13th. As we were waiting to go into the stadium to watch finals, North Star marched by us on the way to the starting line. Even though we were EXTREMELY disappointed about not being in the show, we broke into applause for them and shouted encouragement as they passed. I still think back to that event when disappointing things happen and was glad that I was able to learn the hard way about dealing with disappointment in a positive way.

Edited by piperguy

Wow, my first post! I remember we also did this back in 1980 when we (the Blue Stars) missed finals for the first time, placing 13th. As we were waiting to go into the stadium to watch finals, North Star marched by us on the way to the starting line. Even though we were EXTREMELY disappointed about not being in the show, we broke into applause for them and shouted encouragement as they passed. I still think back to that event when disappointing things happen and was glad that I was able to learn the hard way about dealing with disappointment in a positive way.

Guy,

I believe they did the same for us after prelims when we found out we had not made finals.