Div 1, keep looking over your shoulder

After watching the stream of prelims for div 2/3 I only have one thing to say. Watch out for some of these corps. When the day comes in the near future that they go div 1 a few of these organizations have what it takes to set this activity on it's ear.

AZ Academy in particular, was a breath of fresh air. That had to be that hardest horn book I've heard from a DCI corps in years. It wasn't perfect but they put it out there and it stuck. Major kudoz to Div 2/3 in prelims. I can't wait to see you guys shake things up very very soon.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the stream of prelims for div 2/3 I only have one thing to say. Watch out for some of these corps. When the day comes in the near future that they go div 1 a few of these organizations have what it takes to set this activity on it's ear.

AZ Academy in particular, was a breath of fresh air. That had to be that hardest horn book I've heard from a DCI corps in years. It wasn't perfect but they put it out there and it stuck. Major kudoz to Div 2/3 in prelims. I can't wait to see you guys shake things up very very soon.

I think they have potential but aren't up to challenging the top tier corps. Not even on the same planet yet!

Nice sound and visual, I would like to see what they score on Div 1 sheets, my guess not as high.

I think they have potential but aren't up to challenging the top tier corps. Not even on the same planet yet!
Right. When Magic was in Div II they scored a 99. something and they got 11th at Div I finals, AZA is scoring in the 95s this week. I don't think they would make finals in Div I. Of course, I have never seen their show, so I'm just talking out my rear. Edited by boilerman_05

Not so sure about that. They probably couldn't take corps like the Cavs or Regiment yet, but they would have a shot at the top 23. JMO

Agreed, 100%!

I think both Academy and Spartans would place just below the cut for semi-finals. A very strong year for Division 1.

I think Academy could squeeze in at 17. Their visual is not as strong, but the technical ability of their hornline surpasses several Semifinalists.

That's what some said about Blue Stars and last year I kept telling y'all how ready and good they were, now look at them. Some of those div2/3 corps are better then the bottom division 1 if you ask me. That is from last year and it sounds like AA is the one this year...so give credit where credit is due.