Div 1, keep looking over your shoulder

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with staying Div II, I do believe that ECJ did apply for Div I status at the end of last season.

I don't think ECJ, or any other DIV 2/3 corps applied for DIV 1 status. This rumor pops up every year. Let's face it, most corps are happy in DIV 2/3.

The Academy may have different goals than most of DIV 2/3, so far they have built their corps the right way. Heck, they may even be the new model for building a corps from the ground up. Start locally and not tour, tour a little, go to finals in your fourth or fifth year.....and make the jump to DIV 1 somewhere down the line?

I don't think ECJ, or any other DIV 2/3 corps applied for DIV 1 status. This rumor pops up every year. Let's face it, most corps are happy in DIV 2/3.

The Academy may have different goals than most of DIV 2/3, so far they have built their corps the right way. Heck, they may even be the new model for building a corps from the ground up. Start locally and not tour, tour a little, go to finals in your fourth or fifth year.....and make the jump to DIV 1 somewhere down the line?

That's totally what Pacific Crest did.

they have a good div 2/3 show. they perform it very well, but.. comparing it to a div 1 show, is not fair to them, because it wont compete. they also have never been beaten since they came out. im hoping that happens on finals night though ;)

it will however, be very interesting next year when they (supposedly) go div 1. will they become the next powerhouse? or the next magic/mandarins/esperanza?

For those of you who don't have The Academy on APD, the Season Pass clip doesn't even do their hornline justice. They have a good triple-tonguing section in their show! b**bs :tic: Their horn book is arguably one of the toughest in ANY division this year.

My only disappointment with The Academy is that their colorguard is not nearly as strong as they have been in the past. I've seen this corps ever since they first competed (in their corps jackets too...no full uniforms that year) and I knew then that they'd hit the activity by storm! NOW you guys finally believe us. :beer:

For those of you who don't have The Academy on APD, the Season Pass clip doesn't even do their hornline justice. They have a good triple-tonguing section in their show! b**bs :tic: Their horn book is arguably one of the toughest in ANY division this year.

My only disappointment with The Academy is that their colorguard is not nearly as strong as they have been in the past. I've seen this corps ever since they first competed (in their corps jackets too...no full uniforms that year) and I knew then that they'd hit the activity by storm! NOW you guys finally believe us. :beer:

Oh we never doubted that they would be amazing! It's the people who claimed that they would walk into DCI and win by 5-10 point margins. Those are the people who didn't believe.

Oh we never doubted that they would be amazing! It's the people who claimed that they would walk into DCI and win by 5-10 point margins. Those are the people who didn't believe.

finals are coming up. think they can 5-10 point the 2nd place corps?

finals are coming up. think they can 5-10 point the 2nd place corps?

Naw...but they can win! :)

Not bad for their first time ever at the DCI World Championships, hunh?

*now waiting for the Star comparisons to start* B)