I predict Phantom will win... Semi-Finals

Czapinski doing Vis Perf. ALONE will kill Regiment's chances.

Agreed...thank heavens only one Czapinski is judging this show.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite what has been written here about Marie Czapinski, let us remember that she is a DCI judge of high credentials and many years of experience. It is not by accident that she is on the finals panel. Any connection she may have once had with a particular corps organization is just part of her past. Let's keep that in perspective.

So too should we keep in perspective any marching experience some of today's fine judges may have had with one corps or another. For example, Albert Lo, Jeff Prosperie and JJ Pipitone all are alumni of Phantom Regiment and none has shown any scoring preference to PR. Over the years, many successful DCI judges have come from the ranks of DCI finalist corps. We should be proud of their accomplishments, both as marching members and as judges. :)

well, if they are going to win semi's, they better step it up....95.975 tonight. i doubt a 96.5 or so can win semi's

who ever wins semi's...wins finals. Always has...

Didn't Star get beat after winning the semi's on their last year? I could be mistaken.

who ever wins semi's...wins finals. Always has...
Didn't Star get beat after winning the semi's on their last year? I could be mistaken.

Actually, 1983 was the last time that the corps that won Semis did not also win (or tie for the win) at Finals. SCV took first on Friday night, with BD and Garfield tied for 2nd. As we all know, Garfield pulled out the stops for finals, winning their first title, while SCV dropped to third in the Saturday show.

If you look at the panels on dci.org, Semis has a very friendly bunch for PR :) , but then you look at Finals, and I think, they'll be lucky to get fourth with THAT panel. The Finals panel has Cavies written all over it. :( :( :(

Considering tonight's results, you might want to cheer up your outlook

Quarters are traditionally close. In semis, spreads will open up. The moves dont happen until Finals night.

In semis, spreads will open up.

Maybe....I don't see any of the 3 doing anything other than going all out...this is going to be a #### of a ride

well, if they are going to win semi's, they better step it up....95.975 tonight. i doubt a 96.5 or so can win semi's

96.05something now...the guy added wrong. b**bs