Vanguard horn player doing a lap around the field

This evening I had the pleasure of sitting next to a group from Beatrix, Hilversum, Holland.

We all noticed a female horn player who marched the perimeter of the field while the Vanguard performed. We all found her very annoying and distracting from the Corp's performance.

Anyone else notice her or found her distracting?

I need a reason WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the horn player is actually a male, but that's besides the point

The whole purpose of "Mr Moto," as he's called, is to reinforce perpetual motion. I noticed it in Allentown and I agree to a degree that he is a little bit distracting, but not enough to ruin the show.

I didn't find it annoying at all. In fact, that kind of thing is exactly why I like Vanguard drill. There are always quirky and cool things in their shows. Pathways in 2003 of course it best for that kind of thing, but even in 01, there was a point where 1 snare drummer broke off from the line, marched through the hornline circle and joined the rest of the snares on the other side. Not only is their drill always a step ahead of all but Cavies on a concept level, they take chanced and do wierd things like th lone trupet player which makes their shows that much more fun to watch.

And it fits really well with their theme too.

I won't say that he ruined the show, just VERY VERY DISTRACTING once you notice him. I won't even look at him tomorrow evening!!!!!!

Thanks for the info.

Dave

I think it's awesome

I also found it a bit distracting, but it did make sense at the end, when he joined up with the cymbals as they made their V. I had to make a point of looking away from him during the show, though.

Edited by DrumCorpsMom

I won't say that he ruined the show, just VERY VERY DISTRACTING once you notice him. I won't even look at him tomorrow evening!!!!!!

Thanks for the info.

Dave

Hmm.. I dunno. When I saw them in Boise, I glanced at him for about 5 seconds, then focused my attention back on the show.

Thanks for the info.

Dave

He is the shiznit.

I never even saw him until the interview afterwards.