Madison Scouts Alumni Project!

Is that baby flipping me off??? Cool!!! :huh:

:P No he's giving you the "peace sign" dude. b**bs

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's smoking a Phantom cig. Check out the smoke-ring embouchure LOL. (jk of coors) :P

Edited by Gorgo

As predictable as people getting really enthusiastic about the impact and appeal of the performance is somoeone coming in to tell them they are wrong. Could you please let us have our one moment in the sun?

No one is trying the turn back the clock to the 70s and 80s in DCI today. Anyway the show was a great success and people loved it. Not just just old farts. Old vs. New is a topic better explored in another thread.

Sitting three rows up dead center on the 50, all I can say is thank you Madison for one of the greatest moments in my life!! Perfect timing with the different uniforms moving to the center of the field during Rememberance. And that rifle work from 80 Malaguena and the dance steps from 82 . That guard was a smoking for being in their 40's and 50's. And the older dude(maybe 65 or so) in the pit right front corner. Dan Veerhusen stood next to the podium during the final chords, waved out a Madison flag and took a few pictures of the crowd just like 1980. I'll admit I bawled like a baby at that point and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. A nice writeup in the Capital Times from the tourism bureau thanking drum corps for the wonderful sights and sounds DCI has provided. The only problem I see in Madison is the parking, but we're drum corps people. We have always adapted to the conditions and I'm can't help but be a little sad as Madison is the truly the best place for DCI.

:P No he's giving you the "peace sign" dude. b**bs

He is such a cutey!!!

He is such a cutey!!!

:huh: not bad for some "old pharts" uh? :P

anyway...back on topic..I can't wait to see the video of this show.

As predictable as people getting really enthusiastic about the impact and appeal of the performance is somoeone coming in to tell them they are wrong. Could you please let us have our one moment in the sun?

No one is trying the turn back the clock to the 70s and 80s in DCI today. Anyway the show was a great success and people loved it. Not just just old farts. Old vs. New is a topic better explored in another thread.

Kinda makes you wish you were face to face....

A big thanks to ---the alumni project----------------u took an old guy back to his youth-------watching and listening sent me back to ----the days when i was a young instructor-----carefree and so darn addicted to -----drum corp-------to the days when ----we took our drum corp--------in ur face-----the days --when --if we decided to ----go see a show-----we ---just went---didnt worry about creature comforts or trivial stuff---like a place to stay! the days when life was drum corp----the sounds of my youth----the power -----the tradition-------god i swear i could smell drum corp last night ----so---again thanks---------------the only thing that was missing was ----the starters gun!!!! :huh::worthy::worthy::huh::huh::huh::worthy::worthy::worthy:

That madison project was amazing! by far, the coolest part was the screamin' trumpets. they were still able to go crazy high at the end of malaguena. i think they could've gotten a better score than the cadets B)

screamin' trumpets.

Huh? :huh:

We played on All "G" Bugles B)