Cavaliers got 10's?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see 9.8, but 10 is a stretch. I question Rich Kemp and John Howell 's judgement tonight. Here's hoping for a better panel tomorrow night.

Yeah, I know.. I thought this judging panel last night was a Phantom Phriendly panel.. what the heck were they thinking??

/sarcasm

So in this case, we are awarding the creative team and not the kids on the field? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. What should be judged is execution, not design. Design should only be considered in reviewing how the kids met the challenge of the show.

How is a 10.0 in Visual Performance Tech not rewarding execution?

How is a 10.0 in Visual Performance Tech not rewarding execution?

because it's the Cavaliers!! DUH!! I guarantee you wouldn't be seeing a thread like this from this guy if Regiment had pulled those same scores.

because it's the Cavaliers!! DUH!! I guarantee you wouldn't be seeing a thread like this from this guy if Regiment had pulled those same scores.

Well that is because Regiment OBVIOUSLY deserves the score while Cavaliers do not!!!!!!

PS- This is sarcasm, don't blow a gasket

Well that is because Regiment OBVIOUSLY deserves the score while Cavaliers do not!!!!!!

PS- This is sarcasm, don't blow a gasket

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

What?? A Regiment guy with a sense of humor?? We need to ask Lucifer if it's been getting cold in #### while he's been on tour...

(all gaskets in place and functioning...) :huh:

I don't know what everyone else thinks but i think that the capital regiment show was better than all of them before carolina.

Stef - yes, this thread would have been started if Phantom had scored a 10 in any caption, or any corps for that matter. Simply put, there were no 10's on the field last night, not from what I saw, and obviously to most who have responded to this thread did not see any either. This is not a pro-Phantom, pro-BD, or pro-Cavi's thread. That being said, the right corps won last night, that is not in question. What is in question are the 10's that were awarded last night, that IMO shouldn't have been. In the visual department there were a few more spacing problems than I would have liked to have seen for a 10, as well as a few other things that make made last nights show fall short of a perfect score. But I am not a visual judge, nor will I pretend to be, these are just MY OPINIONS.

I used the 2002 show as a benchmark, because as some will agree, it was probably the best drum corps show to hit the field in the history of DCI. The 2002 Cavaliers diserved 10's, no questions asked. The current production, while ranking with some of the best in Cavaliers history, has not reached that level.

For the sake of discussion, lets say a 10 should not be a box five, rather, it should have its own box, a box six. I have not witnessed anything that screams box six this year.

I know part of your comment was based on the fact that I and several other people have been very big on Regiment this year, but that is just personal taste. In now way shape or form have I dogged the Cavaliers, nr would I. In my opinion, Regiment has the total package, but again that is just MY OPINION.

After seeing all of the shows several times this year I know in my heart that this is the Cavaliers title to win or lose, and unless BD or Regiment pulls out the show of a lifetime, I would be upset if they don't get the title. Their show is packed with GE, great music and fantastic drill. I love the show and think the kids perform at a higher level than anyone else this year. But IMO, I just don't believe that they have put a 10 on the field yet this year.

Edited by Newseditor44

Well, by extension, you can say that the corps below the Cavaliers did not deserve the 9.8's or 9.6's they got, given that it was their scores (plus the Cavaliers' spread over them) that led to the Cavaliers scoring 10's in the first place.

edit: and I'm really tired of the "10 == perfection" sentiment.

Edited by Jayzer

Well, by extension, you can say that the corps below the Cavaliers did not deserve the 9.8's or 9.6's they got, given that it was their scores (plus the Cavalier's spread over them) that led to the Cavaliers scoring 10's in the first place.

edit: and I'm really tired of the "10 == perfection" sentiment.

That is very true, in some sense, there has been some suspision about the higher scores for BD and Regiment as well. But, the point of my argument is that there were two scores that were awrded that I have a difficult time agreeing with. To me, 10 means perfection on an almost un-Godly level. It is as close to perfection as one can get. I believe the Cavaliers still have a little more room to grow. I am not saying they don't deserve high scores, or don't desrve to win. Quite the opposite, I just think they have more room to grow and can take this show up one or two more notches.