Finals

3rd undefeated season... :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

i don't care if i miss band camp next year, i'm going to pasadena, lol

We just got our tickets for Pasadena in the mail today! Section 18 Row 37 Seats 1-3. I'm a band director and I need to move my camp which for the last who knows how many years has been on championships week. Anybody in AZ know any GOOD camps the last week in July in which it will not be blazingly hot outside. We've been near Heber at Shadow Pines.

Anyway...... GO West Coast!!!!!! BD needs to complete the sweep!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on the Spirit of Disney Award's?

Impulse for Div III

From DCI -

"The corps took top honors in their division and 8th place overall in the Division II & III Finals. In addition the corps was awarded the Division III Best General Effect, Best Color Guard and Best Percussion. The corps was also awarded with the Spirit of Disney Award in Division III."

Dad

Edited by Impulsivedad

Academy was on an entirely different level than everyone else. That is a hornline that I would put-up against many of the Div I units. If they were lacking in anything at finals it was some of the visual elements and percussion. I am sure those elements will be addressed before '07, but kudos to academy an amazing show by some amazing preformers.

Can any one tell me what the attendence was like. (Comparable to 02) With all the hype in D2/3, did people come and check it out?

yeah, that was the biggest 2/3 crowd I've seen. and I've seen it since 2001. This season marked what drum corps should be. I think it was the best season in all 3 divisions top to bottom. There was so much competition it was crazy. Congrats to Academy and Impulse.

on a side note, other than one incident on I&E day, the members from Academy have to be some of the nicest people ever. Always clapping for their competitors. One of my friends from Spartans said that Academy was warming up, and as the Spartans walked by to take the field, they put their horns down and started clapping. Very classy organization, and I'm glad they're doing things the right way. Kudos. Congrats Damien on your 3rd brass titles in a row and 2nd world championship.

Academy was on an entirely different level than everyone else. That is a hornline that I would put-up against many of the Div I units. If they were lacking in anything at finals it was some of the visual elements and percussion. I am sure those elements will be addressed before '07, but kudos to academy an amazing show by some amazing preformers.

Yea man, seeing as they 10 pointed even their closest competitor! :lol:

A close spread of half a point is not really an "entirely different level." Their hornline was indeed their strength (but only 4 tenths above ECJ). You were right about the visual element...I do believe their guard was a point and a half beneath the Spartans...this is a major concern for them and would not help them up against many Div 1 corps.

Congrats to Academy for winning their first title!

Umm, their colorguard had some major issues. They will need to drastically improve it in order to seriously contemplate moving to Div I....

i agree academy is by FAR the nicest corp out there that i encountered on the road to madison....we had a housing site with them for the lacrosse show and we had a blast after rehersals were over and we just chatted untill it was lights out.....congrats on the gold they deserved it amazing show and a amazing hornline rivals most div one hornlines....... im glad that we had the chance to hang out and exchange runthroughs with you guys

THERE THEY ARE !!! :P