Finals

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on an undefeted season Academy. Lets see what you have to show us next year.

3rd undefeated season... :huh::huh::worthy::huh::huh:

i don't care if i miss band camp next year, i'm going to pasadena, lol

3rd undefeated season... :huh::worthy::worthy::huh::huh:

i don't care if i miss band camp next year, i'm going to pasadena, lol

I will be going to Pasadena as well but for other reasons as stated in my signature. :) :huh:

Congratulations Div.II Academy and Div.III Impulse for First Place at Battle of Madison,WI b**bs

rimshotTerrance

I wish that Div II and III were integrated with Div I more than they are. They used to have prelims and finals early in the week, with finals being a night show with fireworks and everything. The top 5 would then get to compete in quarterfinals and see how they stack up against the Div I corps. The Div II and III winners were also allowed to play at Finals night for everyone to see. I think that format was one reason that marching in Div II in 1992 was so much fun. We competed on open class sheets throughout the summer as well as competing in only Div II shows. Plus, we were able to see how we were against the "big boys." This new system would not have allowed Magic to make finals when they reemerged. Since corps have to be Div II or III at the beginning now more monetary reasons and such, this system does not allow corps like Academy to compete at the level they potentially could and see if they are ready competitvely to make the leap to Div I.

Just my two cents.

Div II/III never gets enough respect or recognition and is often blown off in favor of div 1. At least they got to play in the big stadium this year. Congratulations to all the corps, it was a great season and very competitive. I'm disappointed that Yamato didn't make finals, but hopefully they'll be back in next year. My favorite show this year out of any division was Academy's. I was lucky enough to see it live twice and I can't wait for the DVDs so I can see them and all the other corps who were right on their heels. Bring on Pasadena!

Congrats to Arizona and Impulse. :)

Is BD going to make it west coast sweep tonight? B)

Congrats to Arizona and Impulse. :)

Is BD going to make it west coast sweep tonight? B)

Hey, Arizona isn't on the West Coast (yet).

Very cool for the "West," though: just about every Div II/III corps to come out of the West this season -- Academy, SCVC, BDB, Impulse, and Oregon Crusaders -- made Finals. Not bad at all. And Impulse right next to Surf... must've been a fun afternoon, eh?

Congrats to all Div II/III corps, who, as has been said numerous times, don't get enough recognition. I hope Academy stays in Div II for a few years more to draw more attention to the "unsung" divisions.

Great job Academy. If I'm correct that was an undefeated season. That's hard to pull off especially in Div. 2. Crusaders had an undefeated season Two years ago but we were in Div. 3 at the time. Maybe this is a sign of the uprising of west coast... Anyway good job Crusaders. It's great to see how far you've come. And congrats to all the corps for making it to championships. b**bs